Chapter Seventeen

Chapter seventeen

(You guessed it. Wrote on my phone;) it's short sorry I'm tired haha.)

As we woke up we heard somebody screaming at people. I and scratched my nodded hair, Angel sat up and looked at me through sleepy eyes

"Mom what's that?" She yawned while sitting up. Her golden blonde hair stuck up in all different ways I repositioned her and began running a soft comb brush through her hair, humming a song my father use to hum to me, Angel kicked her feet and rocked with the beat I laughed while humming as I tried to get her to hold still just long enough to place her hair into a ponytail. I heard a knock at our door and shouted at the stranger to come in, turns out it wasn't a stranger at all, it was Necco.

"Hey Necco what's up!" I smiled cheekily at him he walked over and smiled back.

"Oh nothing. Just coming to hang out, the ring master wants to talk to you guys about the performance we have today, mind if I sit?"

"Go right ahead." I had assumed he was going to be Sitting next to us but instead he plopped down on the floor, crossing his leg and letting his tail swish around him, his ears twitching slightly. I shook my head as I ripped my eyes away from him. "Wait what show? I thought the next show was in like three towns over." I thought back to when the tall man had greeted me, telling me to go threw towns over.

"Kind of. That is the next main show. This is VIP only. So when we sell tickets we have about twenty tickets that go until we sell out. These tickets are different shows, they have less people obviously and the people get to meet us face to face. Their an extra ten dollars though. But we sell out almost instantly. " he explained watching me brush angels hair into the ponytail.

"Why don't you just have normal shows?" Angel asked kicking her feet.

"Because we make more money on this show because its shorter and all they really get extra is to talk to us." Necco winked at Angel. She smiled and laughed rocking again and making me loose the fistfull of hair I had tangled around my fingers. Unsigned again and once again started over, "let your mom finish your hair then you can go see all the other crazy people we have here." Necco laughed and held his hand out for Angel to high five it she happily accepted and began asking Necco If he has been practising his scary face. He promised he had been practising and they continued sharing funny stories, I began humming the song again and continued brushing angels hair out of her face.

"Where did you learn that song?" Necco asked cutting into my spacy moment.

"Oh my dad use to sing it to me while he did my hair while I was younger.". I pulled angels hair and wrapped it around with a hair tie, smiling a little embarrassed.

"My mom use to sing it to me too." He gave me a soft, broken hearted smile. I smiled back sadly and began humming again, while into his eyes. He closed his mouth and began humming back, looking me right back into my eyes. In that moment nothing mattered. My world melted away as we shared an emotional moment together.

"Mom can we go." Angel cut in, pulling me back to earth I smiled at her and nodded silently.

"You go find the ring master we will follow behind." I kissed her forehead and she ran out the door. I looked over at Necco, he was looking down at his swishing tail, silent.

"Come on." I held my hand out to him and pulled him into the bed. I touched his leg. "What happened to them Necco?" He laughed and scratched his ears.

"More like what happened to me." He stated and began rubbing his ears.

"What do you mean?" I asked, not wanting to believe what I thought he meant.

"I began a monster. I was always a monster." He looks up at me. "One that can't be loved." He whispered and looked at his feet. I reached up and scratched his ears, noticing I was getting more of a reaction from him then when anyone else touched his ears.

"I love you." The words slipped out before I could stop them, he looked up really fast and I felt my cheeks heat up. "I uh- like a- a friend." I quickly said and removed my hands from his ears.

"O- oh. Yeah me too." He smiled shyly and looked back down. "We uh- should get going the ring master is expecting you soon." He got up so quick I saw his eyes spin.

"Your right." I stood up to. Some how my foot getting tangled in the sheets and I fell over, Necco dived to catch me and he wrapped his hand on the back of my head, preventing me hitting it to hard, but we still both ended up on the ground.

He laid on top of me his hand still around the back of my head he looked into my eyes the way he did before. Like I was something he was waiting for for a long time.

"Thanks." I breathlessly sighed. His brown eyes looking down at me.

"Yeah. No problem." His warm breath steamed across my cheeks and lips. My heart fluttered, skipping a beat. He looked down at my lips and began leaning down, I shut my eyes and waited for his lips to touch mine,

"Nici? Honey are you still on here?" The costume lady, Tinka as we called her, Walked in. Necco jumped up with cat like speed off of me. My face was flushed and I continued to lay on floor, thinking about the what If that had actually happened, she walked in. "What's going on?" She asked I sat up.

"Oh we were just goofing off." I answered.

"We're on our way now." Necco stated and stuck his hand out at me, I took it and sat up, as i stood on my feet he ran out of the trailer as fast as he could, followed by Tinka. I stood there dumbfounded

'Wow...' I thought, finally when I had gathered myself I Walked out to meet everyone else and talk I the ring master, while a million thoughts went through my head.