Chapter Four

Chapter Four

***********

Two weeks Later

By this time all my hope of escaping had left me. I was scared, hurt and alone. Every "Tests" As they call it had been conducted on me. I was starting to give up. The small needles had upgraded as my skin got tougher. My mother still wasn't searching for me. I had no friends, why would anyone really be looking for me?

I sighed and rolled over, My wings folding over me, feathers flying everywhere. I pressed myself against the cold bars, my fingernails digging into the side of my arm. I heard footsteps smack the cold ground. My back tightened as my door opened, I just layed there my wings were grasped and yanked on. I couldn't even let out a hiss.

Nick dragged me out, not even bothering to prick me. He dragged me through the halls, And I saw something I never would have thought I would see.

A six year old.

Nick strapped me to a table, the little girl, Sat on the table her eyes wide as she stared at me. Daren walked in.

"Why hello there Angel." He smiled at the girl she looked at him and yanked her arms up, Only then did I realize she was chained to the table, Daren didn't even flinch. He shined his yellow teeth.

"Uncle Daren let me out of here!" She hissed. He smiled and slipped on a blue glove.

"Now now Angel don't be like that... Your family is dead... Whos the one to take care of you now." He smiled evilly, Walking towards me.

"Why hello there thirteen." He smiled I lifted my head and glared at him.

"Its Nici." I hissed, He grabbed my cheeks,

"You haven't eaten in two weeks, And you still have the energy to speak." He laughed I turned my head and bit him, He shrieked and yanked his hand back, blood peeking out from the blue gloves, Sharp, deep holes glimmered with red. Angel let out a laugh. Daren cursed and turned around towards the small girl.

"SHUT UP!" He shouted winding his hand back he slapped the girl, Her body flung and pulled on the chains, she would have hit the wall with the force of the slap but the chains held her down good. Suddenly rage filled me, new reason for escaping filled my head. I jumped against the straps, My hunger and thirst leaving me, I ripped through the leather straps and lunged at Daren my teeth sunk into his shoulder, tearing a chunk out. He shrieked and tried to shove me off, I held tight.

My fingernails sunk into his back, making huge craters. Nick grabbed my wings and yanked me back I turned towards him and my teeth entered his neck, Before I could tear him apart Daren had a needle in my arm, And another in my neck, My body felt weak, They both grasped me and pushed me to another torcher seat, I looked at the girl, White spots littered my vision. She smiled at me.

And gave me a thumbs up.

My head flopped down, the world going black.

******

    I cracked my eyes open, The familiar cage shining in a dull light, I grumbled to myself and sat up, my body aching, I looked over and spotted the young girl in a cage, Angel. I scooted over to her, my eyes sunken in and dark, my stomach screaming for food.

    "Hey." I smiled, Tyler layed in the corner, sleeping. Angel looked at me and smiled, her bright and happy face shining.

"Hi!" She chirped, hope peeking through her eyes, that must have been how I looked with Tyler.

"I'm Thirteen- I mean Nici." I stuck my hands though the bars and touched her warm still soft skin.

"Angel..." She started, Daren walked in.