Chapter Six

*** UNEDITED ***

The doors latched shut for the night, I sat in the corner, eyeing Daren as he walked threw the hallway, making sure everything was accounted for, after another glare and a snicker he turned and walked out, the last door latching.

To bad I didn't need to use a door to get out.

I slouched back against the bars, a little time was the trick. They were going to leave and when they did thats when I would make our escape happen. I glanced at the others, the people I spent months living next to, I couldn't get them all out.

“Ill come back, I promise.” I mumbled mostly to myself but the rest of them heard and understood what I meant.

“You don't have to... Were all dead anyways.” A half snake half man answered me.

“I’m coming back.” And with that last comment I heard the familiar sound I had grown use to every night. Their car door.

It was time.

___________________      ______

I shook Angel awake, She needed her rest if we were going to be flying far away from here, She woke up quickly and quietly, we didn't know if Tyler was still awake and garding. I quietly slipped threw the bars, I had confirmed the other night they have starved us so bad we were both skinny enough to fit threw the bars with ease.

Step one; getting out of the cage, was complete.

Step two; exiting the room. I looked around quickly, the very first time I had entered this room there was a window, big enough from what I had been able to see to fit Angel and me barely. Now I just had to locate it.

“Its over there.” The snake man mumbled pointing opposite of me. I looked over smiling.

“Thanks.” He shrugged and curled up into his corner, I nodded at the rest of the people/ animals. “I’ll be seeing you soon.” I grasped Angels hand and pulled her towards the window quickly. There was a shuffling noise and the latch began to lift, the hairs on the back of my neck rose. Panic started setting in. Someone was entering the room and we were in the middle of it, with nowhere to hide. I shoved Angel forwards, “Go go go!” I hissed, I didn't care if we were loud at this point.

Then the door opened.

I knelt down, and held Angels shoulders,

“Okay listen this is going to hurt but you will be fine, when you're out of here I want you to fly high. Hide somewhere and if I come out follow me. If I scream, Fly as fast as you can away.” I didn't wait for her answer. I just grabbed her and threw her as hard as I could through the window, there was a loud crash and as I watched she flew up, just as I was about to follow all of my hope disappeared, my shoulders were grabbed and I was thrown back. I smashed into a cage with such force it would have killed a normal human in an instant. I gasped and fell forwards, looking up.

Tyler.

“What do you think you're doing, pet?” He asked stalking forwards. Hate boiled my blood.

“What does it look like.” I glared flying up, he laughed and followed me up. We circled each other and when the window was to my back I had a plan.

I few forwards with enormous speed, Tyler caught off guard was greeted with my fangs to his shoulder, I spun and threw him down, he crashed into my old cage, denting it in. While he groaned in pain I turned towards the window. As I exited it my ankle was grabbed I was heaved back, I twisted around and smack into the brick wall of the laboratory, I glared at Tyler.

“Dick.” I mumbled and kicked him in the balls.

“Cheap shot!” he groaned. I shrugged.

“You wouldn't let me leave.” I smiled and flew up. “See you soon.” I promised him, glaring. I looked around, Angel hid well. “Sweetie you can come out now.” I shouted then I saw her figure in the moonlight, she had flown up and stuck to the clouds, her winds sparkled as she descended towards me.

“Ready to go mommy?”

I smiled taking her hand.

“Lets go.”

Before we disappeared into the sky I looked back at Tyler, he was laying on the top of the building watching us, it would be a lie to say I wasn't going to miss him, I wiped my tears away and finally escaped this madness.

Or so I thought.