Chapter Eighteen

Chapter eighteen

(Wrote on my phone)

All the ring master said was a woman would fall off a tightrope and I would come flying in and "save her" then I would drop her off and wave Angel into the ring and I would fly up above her while people threw her in the air, then she would open her wings and we would both bow mid air, then fly off above the crowd and out of the tent. Pretty easy, they wanted to keep it as simple as possible for our first show and just give the audience a little taste so they would come back.

We had ran through it a couple of times when the people began showing up. I spotted Necco sitting there watching us. Angel was becoming a little nervous and it was become a little obvious.

"Are you not in this show?" I asked Necco while I sat next to him he looked at me and shrugged.

"I'm not the most favorable act. A lot of people don't like me." He smiled and saw Angel running over to him.

"Well for the record I like you." I gave him a smile and playfully pushed his shoulder, I was then taken aback to the trailer and how much I really wanted him to kiss me.

"What happens if I mess up." Angel stuck her fingers in her mouth and nervously looked down.

"If you mess up pretend it was actually supposed to happen." Necco replied smiling. "Because they don't know if it was supposed to happen." He gave her a enormous pointed tooth smile, my heart fluttered a little bit and I looked down blushing.

"Mom is that true?" Angel asked plopping down on my lap. I laughed and looked at her wispy hair.

"Yup. They will never know." I bounced her and saw Tinka coming around the corner.

"Nici! Angel! Come with me. You must be in costume before the act!" She quickly gathered us up and looked at Necco. " wait back stage. They will be done soon." She then hurried us off into the trailer we were sleeping in and began caking makeup onto our faces and pulling out hair into tight buns and curling a select few pieces of hair she pulled us into a right dress that made my boobs look three times as perky. And made me slide on spankys under my dress, so I wouldn't be flashing underwear to anyone. As I looked in the mirror I barely recognised myself. I had been on the run for so long I always looked at myself as a homeless starving woman, forgetting how I actually looked. My hair was smoothed back like I use to do it for school, the dress made my body look as perfect as it always had looked, it was just masked by the baggy clothing I had been wearing.

I looked like my old self.

Tears began filling my eyes, I looked like the young girl who I use to be, the girl without a care in the world. And my reflection was bringing back all the memories and people I missed. All the pain I was holding back came out in a quick flash. I missed my father. I missed my school. I missed the few friends I had, and regretted not keeping in contact with any of them before this disaster happened. Angel and Tinka rounded the corner and saw me staring at myself crying.

"Mommy what's wrong?" Angel asked. She looked beautiful. Clean, happy, and like the child I wish she could always be.

"This is what mommy use to look like." I knelt down and kissed her cheek, leaving a lipstick mark.

"You always look beautiful." She smiled and me and wrapped her hands around my neck, I picked her up and rocked her Tinka watched me and smiled. Touching her heart like I was tearing her up too.

"Look at you two beautiful woman, but now you're smuggling your makeup. Come come." We pulled apart and I whipped my puffy eyes and sat back down and she did some damage control.