Chapter Twenty One

Chapter twenty one

(Wrote on my new laptop! Whooohooo! Haha. Hope you guys enjoy!)

"Nici! Nici where are you! I can be there in five." My dad stated, I could already hear him shuffling around trying to get ready as soon as possible.

"Dad no. I'm fine." I answered, looking around to see the people staring at me, my father was screaming so loud the whole street could probably hear it.

"Nici. Where are you." He stated again, sounding a little mad.

"Dad. Some things have happen. I didn't run away I promise. Its a long story, but Dad I need you to take those papers down. I promise I will explain but you need to trust me Dad." I calmly spoke,

"Nici what are you talking about?" He asked confused, I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"Dad I'm running from people. I'll be home soon I promise but I need to figure things out before I put you in danger. I'm fine I promise. But please dad trust me, you're putting me in a tough spot with those "Have you seen me" posters." I looked away and tried to turn my head from the mumbling people.

"You're fine?" My father asked me, finally quieting down.

"I'm fine. I will be home soon. I promise." I whispered, I heard him cleared his throat and try to hide the sadness in his voice.

"Nici I'm trusting you." He whispered.

"Thank you dad." Tears filled my eyes. "I have to go now Dad." I sniffed and rubbed my cheeks. He sighed.

"No Nici, please." He sighed and sniffed back, my heart ached, I missed my father.

"I have to get back to Angel." I sighed and hit my head on the side of the phone booth.

"Angel?" He asked, confused, I had forgotten that he didn't know about Angel.

"Thats part of the long story I will have to tell you later." I sighed.

"Okay... Get back to your Angel." He whispered to me, sighing loudly.

"I will. Thanks Dad. I love you." I reassured him and wiped my tear filled eyes.

"I love you too, and Nici?" He said, preventing me from hanging up.

"Yeah Dad?" I asked, the phone telling me I'm running out of time.

"Be home soon."

"I promise." And with that the phone cut out, the little bit of change I collected wasn't enough for any longer time, I sighed and hung the phone up, tears streaming down my face. "Goodbye Dad, I'll see you soon." I whispered to myself and stepped away from the pay phone.

As I walked out of town I pulled my hood up and tightened the strings, I could already hear the whispers of people asking if I was 'That girl' and I didn't need people stopping me in the streets to see what was wrong because I was crying.

***

I stepped back into the circus, my eyes dry only still a little puffy, I looked around and saw Angel and Necco outside with a few of the men that threw her in the air during the shows, they were practising some of the tosses and Necco was standing there as a spotter, which I thought was hilarious, because she has wings, if someone didn't catch her or someone slipped she could catch herself. But instead of turning their way I turned the opposite way, to the Ringmaster's tent, I gently pushed the flaps back and walked into the tent with a heavy head. That phone call was the saddest phone call I have ever had.

"Nici." He greeted me.

"Ringmaster." I said and sat in the seat I had just been it.

"What do I owe this pleasure of seeing you again." He nodded to me I sighed and looked up at him.