Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

(Sorry guys its short I wrote two chapters in one night! Enjoy!)

I looked at her sleeping figure, the nurse standing over her and finished wrapping her head.

"Her brain was damaged very badly. I'm afraid right now she is in a coma. She seems to be stable at the moment, but if and when she wakes up remains a mystery."

"So she's going to live?" I asked, choking up while watching her broken body lay there.

"At the moment things seem like they are going to end up good. But I do not know for sure until she wakes up." She said, then she looked at me even sadder "But I am afraid to say that when she does wake up she will most likely not remember a lot, her brain was so damaged that it may have done lasting effects. She might not even remember her own name." She sated and gently touched Angels head.

"I dont care, I just want her to wake up." I started crying harder, remembering how she looked as Tyler smashed her head into the glass, remembering her terror filled screams, and how she begged him to stop.

"We can only wait. But it is getting late, go sleep in your trailer, and I will fetch you if I have any news on her." And as much as I tried to fight her to let me stay she eventually pushed me out of the trailer with Necco following me.

"I can't wait. She needs to be okay now. Cant we change what happened!" I sobbed and fell to my knees, feeling like this was my fault.

"Babe come on you need sleep we will come back tomorrow." Necco picked me up and held me in the bridal possition, I buried my face in between his neck and cried harder as he carried me to our trailer. I felt like shit, and nothing was going to change that.

***

In the weeks that followed I started feeling better about Angels situation. I was by her side twenty four seven holding her limp hand and helping the nurse change the wrapping around her head, slowly her hair began to grow back, and instead of being dyed red from all the blood it was back to its gorgeous blonde.

But she still hadn't woken up and I was begining to loose hope on if she ever would. I watched as her wound healed and the outside healed but her body was still shut down, and I didn't know what kind of lasting damage Tyler had done, I just wished she would wake up. I didn't even care if she didn't remember me, I just wanted to know my baby was okay.

But I didn't know the extent of what her injuries had done to her.

I sat there one day, holding her hand and wishing harder and harder that she would wake up, that when she opened her eyes she would look at me and say "Mom!" and hug me, that my smart little girl would wake up and see that I hadn't left her side. Necco walked in with a tray of food, dark circles around his eyes and well as mine, we hadn't slept very good since the incident, and with Neccos head wound he couldn't even remember it too well.

"I brought you food." He handed me a sandwich and I took a hungry bite out of it.

"Thanks babe." I chewed the chicken, and for some reason it didn't taste very good, so I spit it out, getting a little sick to my stomach. "That tastes disgusting." I said and tried to rinse my teeth out with water, he looked puzzled and took a bit, chewing then swallowing it.

"I think it tastes fine." He said and took another bit, I cringed and gagged, pushing it away.

"If your gonna eat it don't eat it near me." I said, he looked at me funny and put his hand against my head.

"Are you getting sick?" He asked concerned, I shrugged and looked at Angel.

"Haven't felt good since we got back," I kissed her head, "Maybe its all the stress." I shrugged again and finished my water, taking Angel's hand.