Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

(Woooo back in town! Haha, so the end is coming soon guys, better prepare yourselves, I'm going to start editing soon too. Enjoy. And its shorter because I'm super tired, ha)

I got up out of the bed, the night was still late and the crickets were singing their beautiful song. I sighed and grabbed my side, a painful throb beginning to find its way through my wound. I sighed and snuck out the back, Necco still asleep. I sighed and stepping into the crackling dirt, it crunched under my bare feet, and little rocks poked into my heels, I looked up at the sky and saw birds flying around, reminding me of yet again, my Angel and how I had lost her. I sighed and decided at that moment that I was going to save her, and nobody was going to stop me this time.

"Hey babe what are you doing out here?" Necco asked, rubbing his eyes. I looked over to see his gorgeous body lit up by the moonlight, his ears twitched and his eyes were tired and puffy, he yawned and his pointed teeth shined in the pale light. I smiled as he sat next to me.

"Just thinking." I whispered, turning my face back towards the birds, they were gone now, but the stars lit my face instead.

"About what love?" He asked gently swinging his arm around me.

"Angel, You may not like it, but I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm going to save her." I said bluntly.

"I'm going too." Necco smiled at me, I looked over at him shocked

"What?" I asked, a little confused.

"I'm not letting you leave by yourself, or in that condition. Alone. So I'm coming with, and just like how no one can stop you from going to save her, no one can stop me from going with you." He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Why do you want to come with?"

"Nici I love you. I have loved you since the day I laid eyes on you." He pulled my face towards him. "And I'm not losing the one thing I love." He kissed me gently, the moonlight pouring over our bodies and creating a beautiful shadow. I pulled away and took a deep breath, the taste of his mouth lingering on my tongue.

"I love you Necco." I smiled, he smiled back down at me and kissed me again, gently wrapping his arms around my sides, being very gentle of my wound.

"I love you too, Now we should go back inside, especially if we are leaving in the morning, we need our rest babe." He stood up, brushing the dirt from his pants, I smiled at him and stood up with him but as I reached my feet his arms swept up and knocked me off my feet, he held me in the bridal position and kissed me softly again, "No injured woman should walk on her own!" He giggled and gently tossed me in the air, I squealed and gripped him tightly. There was a creep and Necco ran into the shadows, where we were hidden from view.

"Quit making all that noise! Some of us need some sleep!" The bitchy aerialist shouted across the field, probably waking everyone up. I started laughing and Necco covered my mouth, stifling it before I could give away our hiding place. After a minute of looking around and realizing that we weren't in sight we heard her door slam shut, as she walked back inside and went back to bed, I laughed and we ran back into our bed, cuddling close, the warm sheets were heaven against our cold skin.

"Try to get some sleep babe." Necco kissed my nose, "We have a long journey ahead of us." I smiled and cuddle close to his warm chest, whispering quietly to him, "I love you."

"I love you too. Don't let the bedbugs bite your bum." I giggled and shut my eyes tight, and drifted off into the best dreams I've had since I was kidnapped.

***

"So you're not coming back?" The ring master asked, his shoulders slumping slightly.

"I wouldn't say that sir, we just don't know when we will be back. We need to take care of this situation or people with constantly be getting hurt." I said firmly back, he nodded his head, understanding.

"Well these past weeks have been amazing. And don't forget you always have a family here." I nodded a thank you and grabbed Necco's hand, getting up. "Oh and Nici?" The ring master caught my attention, I turned around and saw him holding a milky white envelope. "I don't believe you would want to leave without your paycheck." He winked at me and handed me the envelope, I opened it and gawked at the money.

"No four hundred dollars? This is too much" I said still looking at the money.

"It would have been more darling if you would have been here longer, but I expected you to go after your daughter so I wrote one up." He smiled at me and gave me another one. "this one is Nicco's." I grabbed it so hard my knuckles became white with excitement. I leaned over his desk and gave him a hug.

"Thank you for giving me a family and a life." I muttered into his ear. "Its the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. He nodded and hugged me back, clear his throat and fixing his tie. "This will always be your family, and thank you for being part of what we have created, people have loved you." He nodded and me and looked towards the door, the sky becoming grey and booming clouds stomped the skies above us. "Now you must go. Because if you don't stay ahead of this storm, it won't stay too far behind you." He nodded and smiled, then having informed the cook that we would be leaving for a while and how she should create a meal and pack some backpacks for us while we were gone on our trip.

Everyone hugged us and told us how much they were going to miss us, and it would be a lie if I said I didn't cry or if I said I wasn't going to miss them I took a deep breath and held tight onto the backpack that was slung over my shoulder. I was once again back to the forests, away from the people I had gotten to know as family, and I was on my way to Nick and Darren.

As I clutched my fingers to my backpack and the walkie talkies that the cook had given me and Necco was clutched in my other hand my fingertips burning with how hard I was clutching the objects, I was going to fly in the air and Necco would run on the ground, if anything were to happen he would scream, or tell me over the walkie talkies, I sighed and kissed him one more time before I took off into the air, our first destiny was the cave me and Angel had spend a couple nights at, the cave with the birds next to it. Its amazing how fast you can get somewhere when you already know the way. And with that we both took off, my wings scratching the air and stomach churning with the fear of what was going to come, I was terrified of facing my worse enemy. The thing that scared me the most, Nick and Darren.