Ch. 1

Raven's POV-

Ugghhh.

My head.

"Rae are you alright?" I hear someone say.

It's" I pause catching my breath-for some reason it's hard to breathe, "Rae-VEN!"

I look up, and see Beast Boy.

"Heeeey," he says carefully, "I'm reaaaaaally sorry. It was an"-he gulps, "accident?"

I glare at him and I note the question in his voice. He must think I am REAAAAAAALLY stupid.

Looking around my room, I search for the inevitable broken object. Then I see it, my glass orb laying cracked open in front of me. The toxic contents soaking my cloak.

"Did you hit me with that?" I exclaim.

He gulps once more. "Yes?"

Before I can respond with a bolt of energy, Cyborg grabs me and take me to the infirmary as quickly as he can. All I can do is wait to wake up later, as I fall pass out.

- - -

I open my eyes. I'm in the infirmary? Yeah, I am. My head is pounding. "Raven," I hear Robin say, "Can you hear or see me?"

I open my eyes slowly and see a blur of the team standing around me. Slowly my vision clears up and I can see.

"What happened?" I ask still dazed.

"Uhhh." Robin starts but is cut off by Cyborg.

"Why don't we let Beast Boy explain."

Beast Boy gulps as all eyes land on him. "Oh-ohhhkay." he finally stutters out. I can sense the fear rolling off of him. Pursing my lips and sending an annoyed glare, I stare him straight in his emerald eyes as he continues.

"You see what happened was," he pauses and takes a deep breath, "IwasplayingagamewithCyborganddecidedtothrowastinkballathisfacesoIwouldwinthevideogamesothenhechasedaftermeandIranintoyourroomandthenIdecidedtothrowablackballathimbuthewasn'tinthedoorwayyouweresoIhityouinsteadandtheballendedupbeingglasssoyoupassedoutandtheglassblackballthingycrackedANDTHAT'SWHATHAPPENED."

I stare dumbfounded, and my head began to pound even more. "Slow . . .Down" I say wincing and grabbing at my head.

"--------" he sighs, "we were playing around and I went in your room and threw a black ball at your head."

I gape at him. HE went into MY room and messed with my things and then BROKE them by hitting me in the skull? That's what happened?!?!

"Wait," I gasp horrified, "The black glass ORB my father sent! God d*mn it Beast Boy!"

"Maybe?" he replies confused and probably scared.

I flash a portal and step into my room. Great just great, I touched the black liquid from the orb. Now whatever spell my father sent me will be enacted.

He had sent it a while back. The orb was in a special box and the note that came with it said if I ever chose to be on his side I needed to touch the liquid and allow my emotions free. I haven't a clue what he's got in mind-but I DO know that I have a curse that will probably enact itself soon. THIS is why I hate Beast Boy...

I felt their presence behind me and turned to see my team standing there. "What is the matter friend Raven?" asks my sweet friend Starfire.

I turn and get ready to deliver the speech of why Beast Boy is a dipshiz.

"It touched me." I state blandly. My friends wait for me to elaborate. "I." I stop talking to turn to them. "I don't know what is going to happen to me tomorrow. But I need you to be aware that because this orb is broken-I am going to be under a spell of some sort. It will have something to do with my emotions. Be careful and I suggest having replacements ready for emotion explosion victims. It will most likely wear off around anywhere from a week to a month, I can't tell at this point. You've got him," I point to a certain green haired shape shifted who is currently cowering in the corner, " to thank."

"Uhh..." the team begins to respond but I cut them off.

"I'm going to enjoy my last night of peace and hopefully get some nice meditation in. Good night."