Ch. 4

Chapter 4 – Many Shades of Rae

Raven’s POV:

I can’t believe I lost. Now I must go on a da-No, NOT a date. Just out to somewhere.

This is not a date. This is not a date. This is not a date. This is not a date. This is not a date. This is not a date. This is not a date. This is not a date.

After last night’s movie-mess-up. I went straight to my room.

Beast Boy KNEW what he did. He did it on purpose.

I mean. Maybe he figured out what maroon meant. Maybe he thought I was attracted to him (which I am not!), and then he….he just did it on purpose.

I sound like a child. Like a child that has to clean up someone else’s mess.

But this is my mess.

Still though, I can’t help but think he did it on purpose.

'Did what on purpose?'

Who the f*ck was that? I glance around and see no one in the room. As I glance I turn to see my reflection in the mirror. We lock eyes. Then I shake my head slightly and continue to look.

No one else is here.

Hmmm. Maybe it was an emotion.

They do have a point…I guess.

All he “did” was stare at me with his large, captivating eyes. Like a trance.

Strange.

All I remember before losing the bet were his eyes. They were green of course.

But more than that.

His eyes were not only “emerald”.

His eyes weren’t just eyes. They were flames of a fire. Dancers in a play. Performers advanced in graceful movements.

It was as though I had been thrown in the sea of green

They were an ocean of mystery. Emerald on the outskirts with golden flakes of laughter mixed in, and on the inside they were a deep shade of forest green that told a story and gave hint of something deeper than the laughable exterior.

His eyes weren’t eyes.

They were a window to the soul.

. . .

I have no idea where that came from.

This is too confusing.

His eyes are cute. That’s ALL that I think is cute about him.

Nothing else.

He’s annoying and I wanted to win the month without him…….right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I was just tired earlier. Now that I have cleared my head we should be back on track.

Todays the day. Not day-te. But the day.

Apparently Beast Boy gets to choose the place etc since he won. Truthfully this crap is kinda messed up. But whatever a deal is a fricking deal.

I need to watch my emotions today. Very little pink, OR pale pink, OR maroon, OR anything that makes me feel—anything to Beast Boy.

After all he is JUST a friend.