Ch. 9

Ugh morning already

Wait how did I get in bed?

The last thing I remember is the motorcycle and

Oh. Beast Boy probably took me in.

'I wish we were awake to know how it felt to be in his arms'

Oh crap. I really need to go to Nevermore.

I calm myself down through mediation and pass through the portal.

Inside never more was weird as ever.

I can't find anyone..

Suddenly I come to a stop and see a cage, with every color the cage changes that emotion is forced to stand atop the cage and copy my movements.

I guess this is how my emotions are showing and all.

The un-used emotions are trapped under the cage until they get used.

This explains my stressed out head aches, this places stress on my emotions and me.

"Guys is there a parasite around here? Someone who doesn't belong other than the large cage."

There was no response. I guess they don't know.
Or they can't talk.
That would make sense.
I mean I havent had any thought interruptions save for the parasite.

You won't find me

ARRGHHH.
Calm down Raven just calm down. My gosh this parasite it irratating me.

'I'm not a virus. I am just you. Just a part of you whom you dislike.'

I refuse to listen anymore.
With that I leave Nevermore.
I guess I won't find out yet.

Ugh. What time is it.

My clock flows purple and reads "3:45 am"

I need a break. I'm going to grab some herbal tea. Maybe it will calm me back to sleep.

The tower is dead silent and pitch black. Thoughts of our scary movie the other day flooded my mind. Suddenly I was glowing purple, I guess I am more scared than I thought..

Walking into the kitchen I see someone slumped on the table.

Beast Boy's POV

My face is pressed against the table. I hope my tea is done.
You know, I can't believe I went this long without realizing I actually do prefer it to water etc.

And there is a purple glow behind me.
I guess Raven is here too. Great. Like I need anyone to see me like this.

It is much easier through the days to pretend like everything is okay. To act like I am not as broken as I am.

I mean, yes, everyone on the team knew Terra. Everyone was friends and connected but they weren't in love.

I didn't choose to love her. I didn't choose to be betrayed by her. I am not choosing to break down. It just is. Life.

I don't know how well I can hold a mask in this state. 3 in the morning crying alone in the kitchen and I have to pretend this isn't happening.

"Beast Boy?"

Ugh. Show time.

Raven's POV

"hi raven."

For some reason he sounds really off. My cloak stops glowing and I give myself a good look at at him.

He is upset and I don't know why. I hope he is okay. My chest hurts to see him like this.

"Why are you awake?" I ask him.

I can sense a change in his demenure when I respond to him.

"Oh you know..why are you awake?"

Honestly I was woken by a bad dream. But I don't want to say that..

"I just woke up I don't know why.."

This feels awkward. This IS awkward. What are we doing?

I pull out a chair and take a seat next to him.
One of the windows is letting through moonlight and I see tear streaks on him. He's been crying.

Without thinking about it, I put my arms around him and pull him towards me so he leans on my shoulder. I don't know what happened. I guess I just accidentally hit a switch in him but when I pulled him in he starts crying.

"Hey it is okay."

Just like that he stops crying.

Beast Boy's POV

I look up at Rae.
Her violet hair is falling out from where she tucks it behind her ears.
Her eyes are full of worry and her cloak is a concerned swamp green.
She actually does care. At least enough to be concerned.
I lurch forward and hug her.
She seems to stumble back but catches me.

I lean I head back to look into her eyes.

Her cloak changes to a tye-dyed embarrassed pink and a ...maroon?
What did that mean again?
Something embarrassing or something as would be embarrassed about..

She's worn it around me before.
Could it be some romantic feeling?

Gosh my head is so troubled and confused, all I can think about is Terra isn't here. She isn't the one caring for me or comforting me at three am.

My eyes glance at her lips and then back to her eyes.

Raven's POV

Did he look at my lips??
Gosh I can feel my cheeks burning already.
At least it is dark in here. Maybe he won't notice my cloak..or blush...

I see the moonlight reflecting off of his eyes. He is staring into mine.

I feel myself leaning forward.

He leans into me too. Slowly but surely.

Less than an inch apart, I can feel his breath on my face.
There isn't really time to think of anything but those green forest orbs.

-and the kettle for tea goes off and he jumps back

I don't know why I keep setting myself up for this torn down feeling.

As soon as he takes the tea off, I walk up to him an he spins me around and pushes me against the wall.

I don't have to look to see my maroon cloak. All my attention is on him. I don't know why but I feel like I'm waiting for something--for him.

He has his arms pressing me against the wall, holding me in place. He leans down and barely touching my lips to his he whispers something.
But I can't hear anything, my heart is beating too loudly.

Then he leaned in and kisses me.