Ch. 3

Chapter 3 - Many Shades of Rae

Rae's POV:

I can't believe that happened. I will kill Beast Boy.

Grrrrrr.

My stupid cloak is ruining everything. I can literally feel my emotions bouncing off the walls. It's as though they are having a fun time showing themselves off to the world. Greeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaattttt.

- - -

The next day I wake up abruptly. This time I am ready. I have no idea how long I am going to have this mood-cloak. But as long as I remain emotionless on the outside, it won't matter what the cloak does. I can do this.

Great. Now that my pep-talk is over, I walk outside my safe room into the strange world outside. Where people could give a glance and try to know the true me. But I'm not afraid...totally not freaked out.

BB's POV:

I'm with Cy. We're in the kitchen. NORMALLY we'd argue over a meat-filled or meat-extinct breakfast; but today we have another topic.

Raven.

"You know how Rae has her new mood-cloak?" Cy says. He sounds like he has a plan. It's making me a bit nervous...

"Yeaaaahhh..."

"Weeeeelll, maybe you should try to get a date with her." Cy says quiet enough that no one else hears, but I hear him.

"What?!" I have no idea why he would think that. I mean I like Rae, but not as more than a friend. We're just pretty good friends. Then again, going on a 'date' would be fun. After all, annoying Rae in any way is fun. Especially if every time she was embarrassed or happy I could tell.

I love to annoy her. Plus she looks kinda cute when she's mad. Hmmm. Maybe this idea isn't too bad.

I smirk. "How would I pull it off?"

Cy smiles back. Though his is much more of a friendly smile. "How about you make a bet."

I thought a moment. "Hmmmmm. I GOT IT!"

Cy asks, "What do you think?"

I open my mouth to reply but then Rae walks into the room.

I look over to watch her walk into the kitchen. She attracts attention wherever she goes. Even if she doesn't mean to.

Currently her cloak is the natural deep blue. I have a feeling that her emotionless façade will fade soon.

Quickly before Rae walks into the room I send Cy a quick message through our communicators. "Hey Cy. Tonight we are gonna have a scary movie marathon. If someone happens to get scared-then I guess a date's gonna happen ;D"

All I have to do is make a bet with Rae.

-----

Rae's POV:

I walk into the living room and then into the kitchen. It's taking a bunch of effort but I am able to keep an emotionless face. My familiar dark blue cape is giving me a bit more confidence.

As I walk into the kitchen I see Beast Boy. He's messing with my tea cup and as he turns to look at me he drops it. Just like he broke the last 5.

I can't help it, my cloak changes to a bright sky blue.

"Great Beast Boy! That was my LAST ONE!" even if I didn't have a mood-cloak on, you'd be able to hear the annoyance in my voice.

I walk up to him but as I do something catches my eye. Something's in the trash and Beast Boy is feebly trying to cover it up.