Ch. 5

Chapter 5 – Many Shades of Rae  

Raven's POV:

As I hold onto Beast Boy, I close my eyes relaxing into the surprisingly gentle ride. I guess he's not as bad a driver as I supposed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're at a park. Outside, alone at a park in the freezing cold.

Nice decision Beast Boy.

Greaaaat. It is literally freezing. Maybe I should've brought my full cloak.

Without warning Beast Boy grabs my hand at leads me to the slide. After climbing the way to the slide he sat down at the top.

At the top there was a tiny shelter-like place. Inside he sat down and I sat beside him.

Azar is it cold.

He opens his jacket and I lean into him. I truly can't help it. With the cold all around, warmth is too good an offer.

Reaching into his pocket, Beast Boy grabbed his phone and put some music on. It is so calming. The warm-cold feeling along with the music, I swear if we don't move I am going to fall asleep.

"Why don't we go to the stadium?"

I look up at him slowly. Ugh, does this mean I have to brave the cold once more?

I guess he saw my cloak turn to a secretive deep blue. I can't believe I let it turn my cloak to a pink. Oh Azar.

"Here." He places his jacket on my shoulders and leads me to the empty stadium. I can't help but be happy though.

From here we can see the beautiful star filled sky. You know, Beast Boy doesn't seem so bad. Maybe he isn't just all immature and stuff. Maybe he is more.

'I told you so' I barely hear a voice whisper. But I know it wasn't Beast Boy. He is too immersed in the stars.

"There's the Big Dipper." He points out. "And that's the little Dipper. And there—right there is Orin's Belt!"

His excitement is sort of adorable. Sitting in the far corner of the stadium and leaning against him, I turn.

I just realized how cold he must be. I lean my forehead against his. We stay like this for a little while. Forehead against forehead.

After some peaceful time, I feel a hand on my face. He tips my head up and our lips connect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Raven, come on. Get up."

Holy Shiz. That was a dream. Dang. What a weird, not-at-all wanted, and not-at-all enjoyed dream.

I hope that does not happen again...

Opening my eyes wide, I see that Beast Boy is standing over me.

"What were you dreaming about?" he asked quietly.

"Nothing!" I exclaim embarrassed.

Quickly I notice my cloak changes from a joyous pink to an embarrassing pale one.

Greeeeaaat. Apparently my subconscious has a mind of its own. Or multiple technically.. I am taking a trip to the nether when I get home.

Until then, I need to keep myself under control.

"You okay Rae?"

"I'm fine."

Hm, he has stopped at a club.

Why? I have no clue.

"You gonna get up Rae?

"Rae-ven." I correct subconsciously. Quickly checking my cloak I notice it is back to a dark blue. Good.

"Why are we at a club?" I ask wearily.

"Eh, thought we could have some fun. After all, we both know you didn't want this to be an actual date so I thought we could just hang out."

He seems so sure of himself. Hm. Okay, this can work. After all, I didn't want a real date..Right?

Right, right. No need for any confusion.

- - -

In the club I am actually surprised that it's sort of quiet and calm.

The people here aren't crazy.

They were just—normal.

I wonder what will happen tonight, maybe it'll be something to look forward to.

Sitting at a table together, Beast Boy orders two herbal teas.

"You drink herbal tea?" I ask surprised and a bit suspicious, my cloak turns to a suspicious maroon.

"Well, if you prefer it I thought I may as well try it." He responded.

He seems a little full-of-himself tonight.

After some polite conversation, I get a burst of annoyance and say "No wonder you don't date anyone, you look for the wrong people!"

At this I was almost laughing, after all he was explaining what a smart, beautiful, and non-joker his past crushes and girlfriends were (well, except the evil Terra; but we aren't discussing her)

"Is that a bet?" he asked laughing.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

He gave a smirk. "Want to play a game Rae?"

I look around, there are no game machines etc; "What kind of game?" my suspicious cloak returned.

"A dating game."

Immediately I feel my cloak (or more like cover up since I am wearing a much smaller version) change to a pale embarrassing pink. Even worse, the pale girly pink color makes me even more embarrassed to be wearing. Never ending embarrassing cycle.

Regardless, he takes my surprise with a grin.

"Explain" I manage to say.

"You claim you can find me a better date than the girls I like. So why don't we make it a game. Whoever can find the other a better date by the end of tonight wins."

"Hmm. What are we betting?" I ask interested.

"If I win and you like your date, then you have to invite them to the Titan Tower for dinner and introduce them as your date."
I feel suspicious of him still. His smirk is starting to worry me.

"And if I win and you like your date," I say pausing to think of a response, "Then you have toooo....do my next two turns of dishes."

Dishes and laundry were the worst two chores at the tower, but there was no way I was letting him touch my laundry.

"What if we lose?" I question.

"If you lose and I don't like my date, you have to do my laundry for two weeks." He said.

"Okay. And if you lose and I don't like my date, you have to leave me out of any pranks for a month."

"Alrighty, let's shake." Then he held out his hand.

Why do I feel like this was a bad idea?

Alright guys, sorry for suuuuch a long wait but I AM BAACK

So here are some chapters and I'll try to keep it consistant from now on XD