Ch. 6

Chapter 6 – Many Shades of Rae

Raven's POV:

Looking for a date for Beast Boy is harder than I thought.

He expects me to get a girl that is blonde, popular, video game-er, jokester, and all that stuff. However, his best match is someone who isn't too much like him but shares some humor and hobbies.

So I found Elise. She is popular, but in a more non-expected, non-bitchy leader way. Which is good.

She has long creamy brown hair in large curls, she wears a bare minimum of make-up, she loves animals, and she wants to be a veterinarian. She plays some video games, but much prefers going outside and being in nature.

She has a couple freckles on her face, she has a semi-curvy body but not in a 'Im-hot-and-I-know-it-way'.

And she has large, glossy, and sparkly (Yes, they literally sparkle) blue eyes.

It took forever to find someone that was exactly what Beast Boy deserved. I mean, what he would want. Anyways, she is perfect.

Best of all, she loves to smile and laugh and she is normal. Not a trace of evil demon etc etc.

Just what he needs. Someone..opposite of me.

But yeah. He'll love her.

'do you really want him to?'

Great. That voice is back.

I still need to go to Nevermore. Ugh. Until then.

I've arranged for Elise and Beast Boy to go out tomorrow.

I wonder if Beast Boy has found anyone yet, XD. He'll never be able to find someone I'd like.

'because he IS the one we like'

Go away. I really need to find out who that is.

Walking back to our table I see Beast Boy is back and sipping more tea.

"Do you like it?" I ask.

My mini-cloak is a mysterious navy blue, luckily.

"Actually I do. Who would've guessed all these years I had ignored something I liked so much?"

He sounded like he was talking about more than a cup of tea.

It actually reminded me of an hour ago when I finally found Elise...

~~flashback~~

PERFECT!

That girl looks the part. Maybe this one will actually be. I've been through about 6 girls so far.

This has been harder than I expected.

"Hello." I said smiling as I walked up to the lady.

We talked for a bit and I found out everything about Elise. She seems perfect.

Now time to sell her Beast Boy.

"Do you see that boy over there?" I ask Elise pointing to Beast Boy.

To her he has normal tan skin, rich golden blonde hair, and crystal blue eyes. Even when he has to disguise himself, he is gorgeous. I mean, he's kind of cute disguised.

"The cute blonde?" she asked gently. Her large eyes sparking as she glanced at him.

"Yeah," I said with a gulp, "The...cute blonde"

"Anyways, he is a great friend of mine. He likes you. I was wondering if you would go on a date to the," I panicked. I forgot where they could go on a date, but then I remembered my dream and hastily said, "the park!"

"Um, I don't know. Can you tell me about him?" she asked sweetly.

"Sure." I said, "He's loves telling 'funny' jokes, playing pranks, and playing video games. He really likes animals and has a..special connection with them. He's a vegetarian. Honestly, I know you'd have a great time on a date with him."

"Alright I'll do it. Are you sure you don't like him though? You seem pretty fond of him." She has this gleam in her eye like she knew something. Even though there's nothing to know.

"Oh no, he and I are just friends."

That sentence was really hard to say for some reason.

~~end of flashback~~

I mean, I was right. We are JUST friends.

Just friends.

"So I think I found someone you're going to love." He said.

"Same with you." I replied. "Until then, I am tired. Can we head home?"

"Yeah, let's go Rae."
"Btw, you have a date at the park tomorrow." I say.

"You do too. Same place. I guess that's a coincidence." He replies laughing.

Yeaaaah, hahaha. Great. I have to deal with watching them now. I mean, not that I am not going to watch them. Or see if they kiss. Or hit it off. I mean, If I DOO watch it'll be to see if they work out, because I WANT them to work out. Yeah. I want that. Just gotta remember that...