Ch. 2

Raven's POV

---

Ugggh. I fell into a sleep-like trance last night apparently.

I get up and float downstairs.

I am exhausted but vaguely happy. I mean, so far I haven't died and nothing has exploded so - hooray for me.

As I walked into the kitchen to place a pot on the stove, I could feel someone looking at me. I turned and gave a half smile to my team-mates.

"Nothing has happened yet guys-" I start to say excitedly.

That's when Beast Boy screamed.

I stared at him confused. Then I got angry after remembering WHY I was worried about anything happening in the first place.

Then Beast Boy's eyes, along with the rest of the team's, widened.

He was shocked-but about what?

"Raven?" he said testing-like.

I raise an eyebrow and respond in as emotionless a tone I can muster up, "What."

I glanced at Robin, Star, and Cy. "What happened?" I ask suspiciously.

I turn around and see no explosions or messes for that matter. My powers are under control. I am really confused, what's wrong?

 "Raven." Robin says. "Why are you dressed in ... light blue?"

I look down. Instead of my normal dark blue cloak I am in a pale baby blue one. Weird...

Suddenly I feel embarrassed. My teammates are still staring at me and all I can do is try not to blush.

"Now it is the light pink." says Star staring in wonder at my cloak.

I look down and it is light pink. I am AGAIN confused.

Cyborg then says, "Raven you made it blue again."

Everyone's eyes are once more on me. This time they look at my face, and as I stare back i suddenly shout, "STOP LOOKING AT ME!" and my cloak pops into a light pink shade.

"Are you embarrassed Raven?" asks Beast Boy.

I stare at him. I am lost now, HOW did Beast Boy know I was embarrassed . . .

"How did you." but I stopped myself still pondering in my puzzlement.

"Now, you are confused. Is that right?" Beast Boy starts again.

"How are you doing that I hiss?"

"The spell must have been on your clothing. Your clock is changing colors as your emotions are."

I am very bewildered. Surprised. HOW did HE figure that out? Maybe because I was too busy being embarrassed or confused to notice. See, emotions get in the way.

"I wonder what the sky of blue means." says Star.

"This is all very interesting but I'm going to go meditate for a while." I snap in a monotone voice, though my cloak gives me away by flashing red and then back to dark blue.

Then I portal out of the kitchen and to my bed room.

Beast Boy's POV

---

I can't believe I figured that out. ME. Not the gaping Robin or Star-Struck Starfire or even the Techno-King himself (Cy). BUT I FIGURED IT OUT. Even Raven in her pale pink and baby blue cape couldn't figure it out. But I did.

I wonder if I could use this cloak thing to my advantage. Hmmmmmmmm...

I bet I could.

Raven's POV

---

I have changed into every cloak, leotard, and clothing item I or Star own. ALL of them change colors with my emotions. 

I'm going to go get some more tea and clear my head.

Walking past the living room to get to the kitchen I see Beast Boy sitting on the couch while Robin and Cyborg battle it out on a video game. Star's just watching and cheering from the couch. The screams and smack talk and enormous amounts of shouting are extremely annoying.

I feel a tiny tingle go through me as my cloak changes colors. At least I can feel when it does if I try hard enough. My cloak is "the sky of blue" as Star would say. So that's which one annoyance is. I better get used to that because I have a feeling that sky blue is the main color people will be seeing me in.

"Oh hey Rae!" I hear Beast Boy shout.

"Ven." I say monotonously. "It's Rae-Ven."

"Okay Rae---Ven. Are you okay?" Beast Boy says. I can't help to be suspicious of his smirk.

I feel my cloak change to a gray purple. Suspicion. Great. Well, the UP SIDE to having this mood cloak is that no one else can tell my mood unless they know the emotions color. I can control this-maybe.

Ignoring Beast Boy's comment, I continue to make my herbal tea. In the background I can pick up murmuring. They are probably daring one another to do stupid things or something along the lines.

Huh, this tea smells really good. Mmmmmm, I can't wait until it's done. Maybe I can even curl up with the last of Ashemegami. 

"Hey Raven." Beast Boy calls.

"Hm?" I reply uninterested.

"Nice cloak."

I suddenly look down. It seems my love of tea sent my suspicious purple-gray to a cheery happy pink.

"I...I don't know what you're talking about." I say. Embarrassment takes over once more. Can I not have a simple moment without everyone watching and waiting in the shadows to see my emotions?

With a light pale pink cloak on I march out of the room holding any dignity I still hold.