1.6

Jane West

.

.

.

The next day I woke up realizing everything to do with my father is done with. Every beating he gave me, every horrid word he spat at me, every little thing he did to me was done and over with and I couldn't be happier. I felt as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Sighing in happiness I slip out the warm duvet and head towards the bathroom. I strip off my clothing and get into the shower. The warm water soothing my aching muscles. Once I was done washing my body and hair I step out the shower and wrap a towel tightly around my body.

I walk into the bedroom and almost shit my myself. Harry was sitting on my bed looking at me wide eyed.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry... I-i....I...."

"Get out!" He nods and runs out the room as quickly as his long lanky legs could take him.

I shake my head and put on some sweats and a t-shirt that Harry let me have. I have to get a job. I walk out of my room skipping to Harry's bedroom and head straight in.

"Harry do you think-" I'm cut off when seeing Harry standing in his room butt naked. I scream and run out.

Oh my fucking shit. Today is just not my day. After a couple of minutes of waiting Harry walks out of his room fully dressed in sweats and a dark green sweatshirt.

He scratches the back of his neck and smiles nervously. I send him a small smile back.

"I'm so sorry. I should've knocked-" I begin only to be cut off.

"Hey it's okay. I kinda did the same love." I nod and smile.

"I need a job." I blurt out cutting the awkward silence.

"Uh yeah okay? Where?" I shrug and begin twiddling my thumbs. He sighs and plops down next to me.

Flashes of his naked body make appearances in my mind making me blush. Harry seems to know exactly what has me blushing and bursts out laughing. I smack his arm giggling like one of those school girls.

"I was thinking I could work at the diner." Immediately he begins shaking his head all playfulness from before gone.

"Why?" I whine.

"I don't want you working with that Irish douche." He stands up quickly and raises his hand. Flashes of the beatings my father gave me make me flinch and cower back into the couch.

"J-Jane?" I open my eyes and see a horrified look on his face. He begins shaking his head, opening and closing his mouth looking for the right words to say.

"I-I would never hit you.O-oh my god. Y-you thought I was going to hit you..." Guilt rises within my body.

"N-no Harry it was just a reflex. " But even I could tell I was lying.

"A-are you s-scared of me?" His voice is soft and filled with only one emotion. Fright.

I begin shaking my head, "No,Harry. Please just forget about it. Please."

He reluctantly agrees and sits down next to me. The next few hours were filled with just me and Harry cuddling.

I couldn't think of Harry as anything but a brother a brother that I kissed, but that was a mistake.

Harry Styles

.

.

.

I was slowly but surely falling for the blue eyed girl. Nothing could take my mind off of her. It was like I was entranced by her beauty and honestly I was scared shitless.

I was scared to love her and for her to not feel the same way. The way she flinched from me earlier made my mind race with unwanted thoughts. I could still remember the sadness and vulnerability that filled her blue orbs.

I look down at her sleeping figure and smile. I run my fingers through her hair and begin softly singing to her.

Your hand fits in mine like it was made just for me

But bear this in mind it was meant to be

And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me.

"Oh Jane what are you doing to me?"

I'm so sorry for the short chapter! I just wanted to post a chapter up for you guys!

-Melissa 💕

.

.

.

.

.

-Melissa and Darby xx

This chapter was written on August 6,2015