Ryan's Parents

Ryan fucking insisted that I go meet his parents since I'm pregnant with their first grandchild.

And no, fuck that.

"They don't fucking like me, Ryan." I argued, getting dressed to go anyway.

"Well, they'll just have to get over it." He smiled and helped me button my jeans.

"Okay, not happening." I groaned in frustration and pulled my jeans back off. "I hate this. I really fucking hate this."

"Brendon, you're belly is growing. What do you expect?"

"I miss my jeans." I pouted, pulling on a pair of sweat instead.

"You'll be back into them soon." I rolled my eyes and Ryan forced me out of the house.

"This is going to be bad," I said. "really bad. They hate me."

"Calm down. They don't hate you."

"Yeah, they do."

We got to his house and walked inside. His parents were in the living room and looked our way when we got inside.

"Hey." Ryan said casually. My heart's beating faster than normal and I feel like I could be sick. He lead me into the living room and we sat next to each other on the couch. His parents just kind of stared at me so I kept my head down.

"Is this the boy you knocked up?" His dad said, anger clear in his voice.

"His name is Brendon, and yes." Ryan said calmly.

No one said anything for a while. Ryan held my hand and I was hoping he'd just get up and leave, taking me with him. But no. That wasn't going to happen.

"So, Brandon, -"

"It's Brendon." Ryan said, interrupting his mom.

"Brendon," she said plainly. "weren't you the one locked in the school with Ryan?"

I nodded and looked up at her. Her eyes were similar to Ryan's and they were piercing into mine.

"No offense, Brendon, but you don't seem like the type Ryan usually goes for." His dad said.

"Dad!" Ryan said almost raising his voice.

"What? It's true. I've noticed you like blondes. And this one here isn't blonde. Is he bribing you?"

"Are you kidding me? I can't be with someone who isn't blonde?" Ryan argued. "I didn't bring him here so you guys could criticize him. I brought him here because he's having my kid and I thought that you might want to meet him and get to know him since he's going to be in my life for a long time. But clearly, that's too fucking hard for either of you to do."

"Watch your mouth, boy." His dad said. Ryan huffed and leaned back against the couch.

"So what are your parents saying about this mess?" His mom asked.

"Um," I looked back down at the ground, unable to find words, but I managed. "they were mad. At first. But my moms excited now. And I don't really see my dad, he works a lot. But he seems to be fine with it."

Ryan's dad huffed and shook his head, looking at the muted TV. 

"Didn't they discipline you at all?"

"No," I shook my head and furrowed my eyebrows. "they don't do those kinds of things."

"That's obvious." Ryan's dad said.

"George," his mom said, tapping him lightly on the arm. "be nice."

"Nice? My son is having a goddamn baby, still a teenager and still immature. Maybe if this boy's parents would have smacked him around some, he wouldn't be knocked up."