Epilogue

"Babe, look at this!" I laughed, my hand on my rounded belly and I'm nearly doubling over in laughter

Ryan comes rushing into the kitchen of our apartment, fear in his eyes when I look at him.

"What? What's wrong?" He asks frantically.

I keep smiling and I point to Caleb. Ryan stays still but looks over at our son, who is currently covered in peanut butter, nearly from head to toe. He's only in a diaper, but that's covered too.

"Brendon what the fuck!" Ryan exclaims, and I start laughing more. "You're just gonna stand there and let him do that?"

"No," I say, my laughter finally dying down a bit. "just wanted you to see before I stopped him."

"How the hell did he even get that?"

"Because you leave things on the counter and he can reach them."

"Okay, don't go blaming me now. You leave things on the counter too."

"Not as often as you," I tell him. "and I wouldn't leave things on the counter if it didn't hurt my stomach so much to reach up and put things away."

"You could ask me to help you, you know."

I don't mean to glare, but seriously? He just said that?

"But you can't put things away that you pull out." Ryan grins and shrugs.

Caleb is still rubbing peanut butter on his belly.

"So I'm guessing I get bath duty?" Ryan asks, and I give him a pleading smile and puppy eyes.

"Please. My stomach is too big for me to bend over and wash him."

Ryan groans and rubs his hands in his face.

"This is going to be so much fun." He mutters to himself as he goes further into the kitchen, taking the probably now empty jar away from Caleb. "How am I even supposed to pick you up?" I hear Ryan say.

I can't help but laugh again.

Ryan takes his shirt off, tossing it on top of the counter, and then he just goes for it. Picks up Caleb and holds him to his chest, carrying him down the hall and into the bathroom.

"Are you gonna give me a bath when I'm done?" Ryan asks, and I follow him inside the bathroom.

"A shower, maybe. After he's asleep." Ryan catches the hint in my tone, he always does, and he grins at me.

"I'm holding you to it." He says and he turns on the faucet.

"Don't let the tub fill up." I tell him. "That'll just fill the water with peanut butter and then he'll be bathing in peanut butter water."

"I know this, Bren." Ryan says, an eye roll following after.

I lean against the bathroom counter and watch as Ryan bathes our two year old.