wecome to my humble...shack

"So are you going to get in or are you going to stand there and drool over my car?" He said pointing to the passenger side door. I stood awkwardly for second, kind of embarrassed, but for some reason I felt comfortable already. I got in the car and didn't say a word. He just looked at me and gave me a warm smile. I smiled back and looked forward. He started the car and revved the engine, I had a feeling he did that because he knew how much I was in love with this car.  I shot him a look. You the one that's like "was that really necessary?" He just laughed and we started to drive. I just looked out of the window and looked at the city, but he went through different parts of it then the chlićes of Los Angeles. I almost started to think differently about it, some parts were actually beautiful and unique. You wouldn't be able to have the same things and the same personality of this city in any other city and I know that for a fact. Eventually we rolled up to a beautiful house. It wasn't to big or too small but it looked clean and welcoming. I was actually surpized he didn't own a mile mansion like most celebrities did. We got out and I approached the house in awe. I came from an old ghetto-ish house so anything better than it was amazing to me. especially something this nice. He opened the door and let me in first. I completely stopped in my tracks, this house was amazing. I had never seen anything so extravegent. I looked over to him and he said "Welcome to my humble... shack." SHACK?! This place wasn't a mansion but it made my house look like a cardboard box. "River. oh my gosh this house is breath taking. i- i've never seen anything like it. Shack is what this makes my house look like." He kind of laughed but it almost had a worry in it. "Well you haven't been to downtown LA or up in chino hills yet, those houses make states look small." I let out a laugh because he was right. Rich people buy rich things and show off their money. "Would you like a drink of water?" he asked walking into a modernized kitched. "uhm yeah sure" I responded.

"you can go sit on the back deck if you'd like" he said pointing to french doors leading out to a large deck.
"okay" I responded quietly. I have slight anxiety you see, I usually don't go out a lot because I get nervous and intimidated by everyone around me. Which can end up really badly. So instead of interacting with people I sit inside and watch tv/ movies. Except for work. Or when I have a dream about someone I know and have to do something. I sat in one of the patio chairs and just looked at the lights of the city. In the dark its beautiful, only sillhouttes of buildings with the fading sky and it was quieter. I looked at my watch and realized it was 7:00 already. But either way or where I was i'm not going home. River walked out with a glass of water and put it in front of me. "Beautiful isn't it." he said letting out a relaxing breath. "yeah it almost makes you think that when you get close its that pretty too."
     "What do you mean?" he questioned.
       "That LA isn't all what its cracked up to be. That there are really bad parts and its not just a sign and some names on a sidewalk. The people are what you really think they are. Assholes. They show themselves off because they can."

     "wow that's a... uh.. strong opinion" he sighs "But its not all like that, I personally think i'm not that bad. At least I hope not." he almost asks himself

       "I just don't understand how someone turns on the lights and they change so quickly"

--------------------//--------------------
River suggested that we watch a movie. Its almost like he knows me because he picked one of my all time favorites. The Outsiders. I guess he loved it too because through out the movie he recited lines, as I did too.
    When johnny died I always start to tear up. No matter what it always gets me. Sometimes it reminds me of my dad. And sadly it happened this time. When nothing gold can stay was being read I quietly said it to myself. When it ended I broke out in a sob.
    "Hanna, are you- okay?" river looked over to me
    I shook my head no and he pulled me into a warm hug  "You can tell me if you want. I'm not going to force you into anything though."
   "My dad. A few years ago he died from cancer. And it reminds me of how special he was to me and everyone else he crossed paths with. He was the best person ever." I let out loud sobs and buried myself in his chest "But- n-nothing gold can stay" I whispered to him.
   By then he head misty eyes too. I knew I hit him in the heart and I felt so bad. 
   "Hanna, I can't feel your pain. And I feel terrible for your loss. But I promise it will be okay" he whispered into my ear
  I slowly closed my eyes and we both drifted off to sleep in each others arms.

----
WOW okay that actually hit me hard bc im crying. I haven't done an authors note so this is my first one but.. I hope you all liked this chapter sorry it took a few days to put up...