Sugar and Spice

I slowly walked down the stairs after getting ready. My hair was in a French braid and I wore black pants, a grey sweater and some solid black converse. It was a bit cold here since it was fall.

I got to the bottom of the stairs and I turned to see crow asleep on the couch. "At least I know he's safe." I thought to myself. I looked out the peep hole and saw no sign of L. A part of me felt sad and a part of me felt relieved. I wouldn't know what to say if he was still out there. I turned the door nob and stepped out into the fresh crisp fall air. I closed and locked the door behind me. I turned to see a bunch of flowers wrapped up with a red ribbon. It was laid on the last step. They were my favorite flowers too. Roses and tiger lilies. I sighed and half grunted. He was making it hard to be mad at him. "Nice try!" I called out angrily thinking he was near by, watching. I waited for a while and looked around before I picked them up and put them inside in a vase. I set them on the dinning room table.

I walked down the street and stopped at the library first. "Hey Y/n." Yamato smiled. He was the first friend I made here. He was very easy to talk to and I didn't have to worry about him hitting on me because well...he was a player for the other team. That's right. Yamato had a boyfriend. When I first met him I would have never guessed. He seems so masculine and not so bubbly. Now don't get me wrong I'm not being a stereotype. Just, more homosexual men I've meet are normally bubbly and super big divas. "Hey." I smiled. He came from around the counter and hugged me. "We have that book you ordered." He said. "Oh nice." I said excitedly. He went to the back and I put my check out book back in the bin to be checked in. "Here it is." He said handing me the book. "Awesome, thank you so much." I smiled. "Sure thing." He returned the smile. "I'll see you later. I have to run some more errands." I said waving. "Sounds good." He waved me off. I opened the door to the library and there perched L on the bench. I stopped in a my tracks for a minute and locked eyes with him. I put my book in my bag and shoved my hands in my pocket as I walked away. I could see him quickly jump off the bench and try to catch up with me. "I got you flowers." He spoke hesitantly. "I saw." I said very monotone. I stayed looking forward. I crossed the street and headed to the grocery store with L on the side of me. "You look beautiful." He spoke again. He was now looking at me. I just stayed quiet. I turned the corner and continued walking. "You sure walk fast...." I heard him mumble. I just continued. When we finally got to the grocery store I looked among the fruits displayed outside. He was once again right over my shoulder. "I suppose I'll get a basket." He said trying to help. I sighed and let him do whatever. I got two apples, some grapes, and some cherries. I got to the strawberries and looked up to look for L. He was no where in sight. I groaned to myself and mentally slapped myself as I reached for the strawberries. I turned around and there was a smiling L. His look of awe made me freeze. "What?" I glared at him. "Nothing." He snickered and walked away. I dumped everything into the small carry basket and walked inside. I got some chicken, carrots, broccoli and mashed potatoes for dinner tonight. Dinner for me. I got some sodas and more tea before going to the check out line. "Nothing else?" I heard L's voice from behind me. I jumped from his sudden presence. I turned slightly to look at him to see he's arms were full with different kinds of candy. I sighed irritated and lifted up the basket for him to put the candies in. "Thank you." He said. We got to the register and before I could pay, L has already handed the women some money. "You two are the cutest couple I've seen." The old women smiled. My mouth hung open. "Thank you." L said and grabbed the bags. "W-we-" I was cut off by L. "Do you need to stop anywhere else, honey?" He said smiling. I glared at him knowing he was milking it. He sure was a smart man. "No." I said and walked past him. He followed me. "Can I have my bags?" I said harshly once we got outside. "Can I hold your hand?" He said smoothly. I blushed but kept an emotionless expression. "...no." I said and shoved both my hands in my pockets again. L just chuckled lightly. It wasn't long before we got to my house again. I opened the door and reached for my bags. "Perhaps it's best I take them in for you...they're rather heavy." He said innocently. I started at him. "L...you have no idea how bad it hurt. What you did to me...what you put me through." I said simply. "Can I please have my bags?" I asked extending my hand for them. He surprising let me take them. I looked back at him to see him frowning. A look of regret was pulled across his face. I waited for him to say something but he never did. I sighed as closed the door. I couldn't help but look out the living room to see him perching on the step once again. I tried not to give in. I pulled myself away from the window and headed into the kitchen. I started preparing dinner.

The sun was starting to go down and I looked out the window again. He was still there. My stomach turned from feeling anxious. I wanted to invite him in but at the same time I wanted to keep him out there. A gust of wind blew by making his hair move. I just wanted to run my hands through it. I pulled away from the window and walked to the couch. I picked up the pillow and screamed into knowing I was about to give in right now. I throw the pillow down and walked to the door. "Get in here." I growled. He turned his head to look at me over his shoulder. He smiled. "No thank you." He said with a smirk. I looked at him surprised. "This little shit is playing hard to get!" I thought to myself. "Fine." I shrugged and closed the door. I waited for a minute and tapped my foot as my arms were crossed. I groaned and opened the door. "It's cold, just get in here." I demanded. He stood as turned around to look at me. "Come here please." He said. I looked at him like he was speaking another language. "Are you crazy, I just said it's cold." I crossed my arms. "I can keep you warm." He said very seriously. I blushed. "Stop it, just get in here L." I huffed. Crow lingered by the door and looked at L. He gave him a single meow. "You better hurry before crow runs out." I told L. "Come here then." L said extending a hand to me. "No." I said being stubborn. L smirked and put his extended hand in his pocket ad wanted. Crow walked forward. "I have dinner to attend to." I said coldly and picked up crow and carried him to kitchen with me. I set the cat down and feed him to keep him occupied. When I turned around L was stand in the entrance of the kitchen. "Close the door it's cold." I pointed to the door and turned back to him to face the stove. I could still feel the cool breeze. I turned and headed towards the door. "Forget it, I'll do it." I growled and walked towards the door. As soon as I could close enough L quickly slammed the door closed and wrapped me in his arms. He tricked me! He knew I was going to get impatient and walk towards him. I pushed against his chest. "Just hug me Y/n." He said still trying. I slowly stopped beating my fists against his chest and let him hug me. I kept my arms by my side though. He rest his chin on the top of my head and stayed there. Hugging me. I felt the lump in my throat. The last time I hugged him was a year ago on the same day he died. Or at least when I thought he did. I tighten my jaw. "Alright, that's enough." I said and pushed him away a bit before he let go. I walked to the stove and served two plates.