Mr. Try Hard

Your POV

I woke up, laying down on the couch. A blanket was tossed over me. I sat up and heard clanking in the kitchen. I slowly stood up and crept to the kitchen. There was L in one of my aprons. It was black and had white polkadots. I smiled and leaned against the door frame. He scratched his head before scratching the back of his leg with the other one. He was reading through a cook book. He looked a little troubled. "Need help?" I asked. He spun around and shyly smiled at me. "No, I'm quite alright." He said. I raised my eyebrow at him. "Go into the living room." He half demanded and shoed me out of my own kitchen. I turned around and crossed my arms at him as I stood in the living room. "Don't look at me like that Y/n." He said and smiled before turning away from me. I've never seen L cook so I was both nervous and curious. "Please let this genius man know a thing or two about not burning down my house." I thought to myself as I slowly crept back into the kitchen. L was mumbling to himself and I leaned against the counter. I had to admit, he was still very attractive even in a feminine apron. I remembered what I told L last night. "It's definitely better this way, we don't have to rush, I can now talk to him instead of ignoring him." I thought to myself. "Excuse me...yes...hello, what are you doing in here?" L said putting his hands on his hips as he looked at me. I couldn't hold in laughter anymore. He looked so adorable like this. "Just observing." I smiled. "I do recall me escorting you out of the kitchen." He said frowning a bit. "Well it's my kitchen." I smirked and took a strawberry from the open contain he had on the counter. "Well...you're mine so that makes the kitchen mine as well." He stated and snatched the strawberry from my hand and ate it, not caring I took a bite from it. "This is also my strawberry." He mumbled. I laughed and gave him his way by leaving the kitchen.

I sat on the couch and watched tv. "So boring!" I groaned loudly and laid face down on the pillow. It's been a good 15 minutes since I left the kitchen. "Your whining is not helping the situation, dear." He said poking his head out of the kitchen. I chuckled before blushing. "No, no, no, L you can't call me dear." I said smirking. "I can if we're friends, I've heard friends call friends dear." He smirked back. I opened my mouth but then closed it in lack of something to say. He just chuckled and went back into the kitchen. I could smell something cooking and it smelled delicious. I groaned and hung upside down off the couch. "L!" I whined. There was no answer. "I'm so hungry." I whined more. No answer again. I lifted my head up to hear slight humming. He was setting the table. I threw my legs over the couch and quickly stood. I jogged into the kitchen and sat at the little table there. He turned around and he served me before himself. L was always such a gentlemen. "I hope everything is to your liking." He smiled and sat down as well. He cooked French toast with powdered sugar, bacon, eggs and hash browns. There was piece of strawberries sliced and laid across the French toast. I could feel myself drooling about how go everything looked. "Thank you, this looks amazing." I smiled. He's smile widened and we began eating. Everything tastes so good. "L where did you learn out to cook this?" I asked in 'awe'. "About 20 minutes ago, it's quite astonishing how much you can learn just by reading." He said happily. I slight frowned. "I wish it was that easy for me." I thought. I cleared hat thought from my mind and smiled again. I was just happy he was here with me now.

I finished all my food and waited for L to finish shortly. I went to take his plate to put in the skin but he grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me forward. He kissed the side of my mouth, purposely trying to tease me. He pulled away and hopped off the chair. I blushed madly. "L, you can't-" he cut me off. "What? I can't love my best friend?" He asked looking at me over his shoulder. He smirked and walked out of the kitchen.