Baby Sitting

L was perching on the couch just as there was a knock at the door. "Got it!" I shouted coming down from the stairs but L leaped off couch and pulled open the door. "L!" I half shouted. "Hey! You're not Y/n." I heard the tiny voice of 5 years old Hiro say. I chuckled and appeared tip toeing over L's shoulder before I pulled him back by his arm so I could greet the parents. "Who is that Y/n?" Hiro said trying to look inside as he held the straps of his little backpack. "A friend." I said looking down at him with a smile. "Boyfriend?" He whispered. "No, friend." I corrected and looked back at L scratching the back of his leg with his foot. "Here's the money, I call when we get to the restaurant, thank you so much for watching him on such short notice, I didn't know he was going to surprise me." The mother smiled and looked back at the car. The father rolled down the window and waved, I returned the gesture. It made me think about L and I and how we were engaged. "It's no problem really." I smoked before she bent down and looked at her son. "You be good okay? I love you." She said and he ran into her arms. "I love you too Mommy." He said before letting go and running into the house. I laughed as she waved me off. I closed the door and looked over at L perching on the couch as the Hiro looked at him from the other side of the coffee table. L looked at him like Hiro could jump on him any second. "What's a matter L, never seen a kid before?" I laughed and sat in the chair by the couch. Hiro ran and jumped on my lap and linked nhis arms around my neck. "Y/n guess what?!" He announced excitedly. I pretended to think for a while before I answered. "Hmm, I don't know, I give up tell me." I said and started listening to his story about how he went to the movies and say his new favorite movie and won a stuffed animal in the machine. "That's awesome kiddo." I laughed. He hopped off my lap and watched to his backpack that was by the couch, all the while looking at L. Once he pulled out what looked like a stuffed animal he darted back to me. I chuckled. "What are you doing, L doesn't bite." I say. "I won't bite him..." I heard L mumble. "L stop." I shot him a death glare without Hiro looking. "What did he say?" Hiro tugged on my sleeve. "Nothing...he's just being mean." I teased. Hiro jumped off my lap and pointed at L. "Dot be mean to Y/n!" He yelled. L's eyes widened. Hiro ran over to L and L stood up as Hiro started punching his leg. It was apparent L was trying to hold back a chuckle. "You got me, I surrender." L pretended to faint as Hiro laughed. I smiled at them. Hiro turned to me in a super hero pose leaving his back to L. I could see L creeping up behind him. "Look out!" I laughed before L picked him up and started spinning around. Hiro was laughing uncontrollably. "Make me fly!" He begged. "Make you fly? I suppose I could try." L said and held Hiro a bit above his shoulders and ran down the hall and back. "Again, Again." Hiro said in between laughter. "Prepare to do that a thousand more times" I smiled at L before he took off again. I walked into the kitchen to make dinner.

"Boys!" I called out as I set the plates on the wooden table. Hiro ran in as L causally walked in behind me with his hands in his pockets. "What's the food?" Hiro said still running to the chair he's stated he claims which is right by the window. "Spaghetti and meatballs with a salad and bread sticks." I answered bring the food to the table. "I hate salad." Hiro leaned back in his chair. "Well I suppose it's a good thing there is plenty of other options." L pulled out a chair. "Sit here." Hiro said patting the chair next to him. L froze for a minute before walking over to the other chair and taking his place. I chuckled. "Can I have a bread stick?" Hiro asked and I placed the bread stick in the bowl along with the spaghetti. "Here." I said and place it in front of him. Once I served L and then myself, I sat down across from Hiro. "No." he said with sauce all over his mouth. "What do you mean no?" I said confused. "You're supposed to sit next to L like a family." L complete froze as he looked down at his salad. I swallowed awkwardly. "Uh...sure." I said and sat next to L. Hiro continue eating but L just tossed some lettuce around in his bowl with his fork. I slowly tore small pieces of my bread stick off and ate. "Please excuse me..." L half mumbled as he stood and carried his bowl still full of salad to the sink. "The meal was delicious but I apologize for not having the appetite." He said looking down at the floor and before he left he flicked his eyes at me with sorrow and then back down at the floor and exited into the living room. I sighed. "Maybe L's sick. Maybe it was the salad...that's why I don't like salad." Hiro said as he twist his fork in the noodles. I smiled a bit at Hiro. "Maybe..." I said but I knew what was really wrong.