Mess maker

I walked into the living room and saw L perching on a chair. "Y/n." He called me and I looked over. "I'm willing to make it up to you...even if that takes my whole life, I am willing to do so." He said. I slowly nodded. He stood and smiled. "Would you like to get dressed?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why?" I asked. "Because I'm taking you for breakfast." He smiled. I just starred at him. "Actually, I have to run more errands..." I trailed off. I know it seems like I'm carrying it on but I really am still hurt with him. His smile slowly faded. "Oh, well...that's okay." He said sitting back down. I felt bad now. I walked over to him and awkwardly stood there. He looked up at me. "Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded and quickly walked away. I couldn't do it. I couldn't hug him. "Can I come with you?" He asked. I turned to look at him over my shoulder. He's expression was so hopeful I couldn't tell him no. "...okay." I said and he stood. I ran up stairs and got dressed. I through on blue jeans and a black hoodie with some original black and white converse. I left my hair down and wavy. I walked down the stairs and saw L by the door. He looked up at me. "I like your hair wavy." He smiled. I opened my mouth to say something but ended up closing it because I didn't know what to say. He opened the door for me and I grabbed my keys.

We walked down the street. "May I hold your hand?" He asked. "L...I don't think that's a good idea." I said looking forward. It was quiet until we got to the store. "What are you getting?" He asked. "Cat food." I stated. He just followed me. We walked into the store and down the pet food aisle. I sighed when I saw the cat food on the top shelf. I forgot I always need to get someone to help. I looking around for someone when my eyes fell on L starring at all the different bags of food with his thumb pressed to his mouth. I shook my head and walked closer to the shelf. I extended my hands up and barely touched the edge of the bag. "Y/n...do you wish for help?" He asked rather amused. "No." I said. "You're so stubborn." He chuckled. He reached for the back and effortlessly brought it off the shelf. "But...that is one of the many reason why I fell in love with you." He smiled. I glared at him and blushed. He blushed too and rubbed the back of his neck. "Bring it over here show off." I said walking to the check out. I paid for the food and walked out of the store with L carrying the bag in his hands. "I can carry it." I said reaching for it. He just moved the bag away from my reach. I sighed. "Where do you want to go?" I asked. I was trying to be nice. "I don't know..." He trailed off and looked at all the buildings. "Okay, then let's just go home." I stated and turned around to wake home. "Ice cream!" He half shouted. I stopped in my tracks and turned around. "Shall we go for ice cream?" He said a bit calmer. "I suppose." I said and walked past him. He jogged forward to met up with me again.

We walked into the ice cream polar and I saw that perfect sparkle in his eye. I smiled. I really missed him. He order a triple scoop ice cream cone and and I order a double. "Let's sit here." I said and slid into a window booth. L sat across from me happily ate his ice cream. I could see some of it wobble as he glided his tongue over it. "L watch ou-" I was to late. The top scoop of scream was dumped all over his white shirt. It slowly slide down his shirt and landing on his pant leg. He starred at it rather disappointed and I burst out laughing. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?" I laughed. I covered my mouth to stop laughing. He slowly looked up at me ad smiled. "It's cold." He said. I laughed more. "Move over genius." I said and pushed him over and say next for him. "I picked up the ice scream that was melting quickly and put it back on his cone. I grabbed napkins and dabbed his shirt. I realized how close I was to him and slowly looked up. "Thank you...you're very kind." He said. I could feel his warm breath close to my face. "N-no problem." I said looking from his eyes to his lips and back down at his shirt. "A detective always has to look his best." I smiled but quickly froze. I remember saying something like this to him when we first met. He was always a messy eater. I pulled away from him a bit. "We might have to just wash your shirt when we get home." I stated and slide out of the booth. "Perhaps that would be best." He said looking down at his ice cream covered shirt. I chuckled once more. "I'm glad your laughing Y/n...it's better than when you're serious." He said. I slowly looked to him. "I always did think you looked better when you smiled." He said continuing to gleefully lick his ice cream. I blushed. "I always thought you looked better when your shirt was white." I teased. "Oh..so you don't think I look good now? Is this not attractive?" He teased. "Oh yeah so attractive, I just want to take you home and-" I stopped and blushed bright red. "And what?" L's eyes were widened with curiosity but a smirk grew on his face. "Nothing. Take you home and do nothing." I said and finished off my ice cream. "I can't help but feel we won't do nothing." He said leaning against his knees. "We would. We would go home and do absolutely nothing." I insisted. "Well...as long as I'm with you, I'm okay with doing absolutely nothing." He smiled. I blushed.