Chapter 6 - Just Any Other Day

Scott and Mitch screamed in panic. "It's filling up! It's filling up!" Mitch squealed referring to the car filling up with water. They put their legs up on the chairs and sat in a tucked position trying to avoid the water. They desperately tried to open the windows but it didn't work. Mitch scrambled through the car draw hoping to find something useful. "Please, please..." Mitch cried. The water was rising quickly and they could hear the cries of the rest of the group from the bridge. 

"Mitch, put your head down now!" Scott ordered.

"If I put my head down, it will be in the water!" Mitch complained.

"Just do it for a hot second!" Scott said. Mitch obeyed him and put his head down. Suddenly Scott used the gun and shot Mitch's window. "QUICK! PUSH THE GLASS OUT THE WAY AND GET OUT!" Scott screamed. He then shot his own window too. The pair pushed the glass out earning a few cuts on their hands. Suddenly water rushed in and quickly started rising in the car. Scott and Mitch held their breath and squeezed out through the window. Scott kicked his legs and swam to the surface successfully. He popped his head above the water and breathed heavily. The group cheered at the sight of his face. Right after Mitch popped his head out. Everyone was so relieved. They swam to the edge where there was a grassy area and pulled themselves out. The rest of the group ran to them and gave them hugs. 

"I was so scared I'd lose you two! We all were..." Kirstie cried.

"We got lucky..." Mitch breathed. "Whoever this person is, wants us dead without a doubt. We have to start investigating instead of running away all the time. Who knows, one time they might just get us and-" Mitch stopped talking. "What's that noise?" Everyone listened out and heard a beeping sound coming from the sinking car.

"BOMB! IT'S A BOMB!" Kevin yelled. Everyone ran at full speed away from the river. They went through trees and bushes then stopped to catch breath. Suddenly, they heard a loud boom. Everyone turned and looked into the distance. Car pieces were flying everywhere and a massive wave of water rose into the air. The bomb managed to crumble part of the bridge into pieces. Everyone gave each other terrified looks.

"HOLY SHIT! That was close...how'd you know it was a bomb Kevin?" Avi asked.

"I remember that note person saying something about a bomb...Gosh...look how much damage it's caused!" Kevin sighed.

 "Guys, it's real late and I'm getting tired." Mitch complained.

"Me too, but the thing is, I'm too afraid to go to sleep. Plus, where would we sleep? We can't go back to our homes but if we sleep out in the open that's a free ticket for that person to kill us..." Scott said.

"I think I know a place where we could crash." Kalel spoke up. 

"Great! Lead the way!" Kevin smiled at her. The group all followed Kalel in a quick journey towards broken down area. Rubbish filled the ground and with every corner they turned, there was drug dealing going on. 

"Ummm...Kalel, this place is kinda freaky..." Mitch said.

"Yeah, and I think that guy just winked at me..." Avi shivered, clinging onto Kirstie like a child.

"Keep your eyes to yourself, don't look too scared, don't look too brave, keep walking and DON'T make a scene. These type of people don't joke around..." Kalel explained. Suddenly, a hooker approached Avi. 

"You look like you need the time of your life..." She said seductively while placing her hand on his cheek.

"I-I-ummm..." Avi said innocently.

"You're adorable." The hooker pinched his cheek. Everyone saw Kirstie heating up with anger. 

"Calm down..." Mitch mouthed to her. Kirstie rolled her eyes in response.