Ch.12 Endings

The sun danced like a ballet in the sky. All soft pinks and fluffy whites, like tutus of Swan Lake. My eyes blazed looking at the watercolor exploding before me.

I didn't want to look away but I turned to my right. Marc's golden hair moved to the breeze of the ocean, his angel locks shining with the last rays of the sun. Everything about that boy is perfect, I thought. From the way his dimple appeared at the corner of his cheek, to the slight digging of his toes into the sand.

"You know," he said not turning to look at me, "in some countries, staring is considered extremely rude." His lips pulled back, the extravagance of his smile turned my brain to mush, my heart to butterflies, and my lungs to pancakes. I really had to learn to breath around him.

"Oh, really? If we were in Italy I bet I could so get away with it," I said jokingly poking him in the ribs.

He turned to look at me, a smile still lingering on his lips. "Then let's go to Italy," he said suddenly.

My face blanched. That was a joke! I pretty much screamed in my head. No matter how much I loved him and how much I hated my life leading up to this summer, I couldn't abandon everything.

Those senseless parties would become an idiotic embrace of my life. I would never see the strength to move along with my life if I left.

But looking into Marc's eyes I felt a pang through my chest. I loved him. With a burning passion that turned my dark world into a rainbow. The same feelings that had saved me, had saved him on that hospital operating table. I was sure of it.

"Hey, it's a joke," he said nudging my ribs with his elbow, "we've gotta graduate first." He winked his brown eye at me. Marc knew me.

To a certain degree, it was beautiful. It was beautiful to know that a girl and a boy could meet and become so familiar in so short a time. It was beautiful to see that love bloomed faster than a flower in spring. It was beautiful to look into his eyes and see the endless cavern of memories, experiences, shared moments. It was beautiful to look into his eyes and be so profoundly lost and yet found in the most intrinsic sense.