Prelude

"The breakfast is on the table. Come on!"

"I'm already coming."

Kyouko appeared in the kitchen running.

When Sayaka saw the school uniform of Kyouko, she approached. "It's been over a week since you recovered and you still can't fix the collar." Then she began to adjust Kyouko's clothing.

"Argh... I don't know how you can study while being suffocated this way." Kyouko was a little embarrassed with the motherly attitude of her friend.

"You didn't complain about it before." Sayaka finished up knotting the red bow on the uniform.

"Because that wasn't me. Got it?" Kyouko showed her grumpiness.

"Okay." Sayaka started to clean off the table.

"Hey! I haven't eaten yet."

Sayaka didn't stop what she was doing. "But if I let you sit down to eat, we will be late. Grab something and eat it on the way."

Kyouko took a bunch of bananas from the fruit bowl. "So why you said the food was on the table if you were gonna do that?"

Sayaka turned her face slightly, revealing a mischievous smile. "Because I knew you'd stop being lazy."

Kyouko bit one of the bananas so aggressively that she almost swallowed the peel and all. "Mmmh... You're testing..mmmhh..my patience... mmmhhh... girl."

Sayaka stopped putting the food in the refrigerator. "If you'd wake up early, you wouldn't be grumbling now."

"I woke up before your mother. Heh." Kyouko was already eating another banana.

"What?!" Sayaka's face trembled with anger. "My mother returns from work at five in the morning. What would you expect?"

"Hey! Relax. I'm only joking." Kyouko was finishing the bunch.

"Can we go?" Sayaka said as she picked up her bag.

"I had an idea." Kyouko threw what was left of the bunch in the trash. "Why don't we go to school jumping from rooftop to rooftop, huh? It would save time and we could sleep more."

Sayaka stared at Kyouko and expressed in the most serious way possible. "That's not funny at all."

"Tch... I'm seeing that you woke in a bad mood today." Said Kyouko while cleaning the space between her teeth with her tongue.

/人 ◕‿‿◕ 人\

"I'm telling you... that was lucky." Kyouko bit a baked cake shaped like fish. "Finding a taiyaki stand on the way to school."

"For me it was bad luck. Now we'll arrive at the last minute." Sayaka replied sharply.

Kyouko ignored the attitude of Sayaka. "The first taiyaki of the day is always the best. Look how much it's stuffed!" Kyouko showed the cake to Sayaka and squeezed. A generous portion of sweet red bean paste leaked where she had bitten.

Sayaka just brushed off Kyouko's arm.

Kyouko nodded disapprovingly. "Hm... You should have bought one too, maybe it could have improved your day."

Sayaka's concern was unfounded, since they were almost at school. The building was just ahead, at the end of a boardwalk. While finishing the cake, Kyouko watched the flight of pink petals from cherry trees. Apparently, the cherry trees in this world were always blossoming. A clear stream followed the boardwalk and the sound of water was like a sleeping pill for her.