Castle of cards

"Ahhh... I'm so stuffed..."

A girl using a rebellious and short hair cut of violet color, which completely shaved one of its side, keep rubbing her full belly. She was a student of Mitakihara school and walked along with her closest colleagues, returning from lunch to the classroom.

"I'm not surprised Seki-chan!" Replied one of her colleagues. A girl with long blue hair, same color for her eyes. "You ate half of the dessert alone!"

"Oh Nana-chan, but that pudding was too good." The purple eyes of Seki sought another colleague who had not yet talked. "You always get the recipe perfect, right Mami-chan?"

"Not always, Seki-chan." Mami Tomoe answers. "Sometimes it fails."

Seki shook negatively. "Don't be modest."

Nana intrudes. "She's just saying that to be able to go to lunch every day at your home."

Seki was irritated. "Not true! Doesn't need to be every day... just most of them."

"See?" Nana looked at Mami.

"Huhu." Mami joined hands. "No problem, I like the company of you."

Nana looked away. "But..."

Mami intervened. "Look, if you think you're abusing of my hospitality, we can do the following: you two bring the ingredients and we prepare something together. How about it?"

"Yes." Nana was thoughtful. "Seems like a good idea."

This time, the one who came with the caveats was Seki. "But I'm not good in the kitchen. Hehe."

Mami smiled. "Even better. We can teach you."

Seki was not convinced. "I'll end up ruining everything."

"If you ruin it, you'll have to eat everything." Nana said ominously.

"Don't scare her, Nana-chan." Mami raises her head and looks at the ceiling of the hall. "Um... Let's start slow, with something fast and simple to prepare. It doesn't need to be at lunchtime."

"Go to your house after school? Yes!" Seki punched the air.

"Sekiiii!" Nana drew attention.

Mami gestured. "Be calm Nana-chan. I didn't mean it would be today."

"You heard that, Nana-chan?" Seki gave a wink. "Not today, may be tomorrow."

Nana narrowed her eyes. "That's what worries me. That way, we'll spend more of the day at her house than at ours."

Seki came close to Nana and whispered. "It even seems you don't like to be there. You didn't want to invite Chiaki-san to go along with us, did you?"

Nana smiled, she knew she had been caught. "It's really a shame that Chiaki-chan's parents would not allow it."

"So it's good we meet at Mami-chan's home." Seki crossed her arms and lifted her chin, convinced. "There isn't any parent to bother with."

Nana stopped walking and turned to Seki with wide eyes.

Seki put a hand on her forehead, but she would need something bigger to hide her face of shame. "I said something I shouldn't..."

"It's okay."

Nana and Seki turned their attention to Mami, who was smiling.

"Seki is right. If my mother was there, she would prepare everything for us. So we wouldn't have a chance to teach her."

"Sorry, Mami-chan..." Seki said, still feeling very bad.

"Come on." Mami made a gesture with her hand to reinforce the statement. "It happened. Even if I was on that flight, nothing could be done. What I can do is to follow through with my life and have friends like you. That would make them happy."