Terrifying discovery

"I need to get more Pocky."

Kyouko saw that in the drawer there was a shortage in her survival kit. When she closed it, a small piece of the wooden surface of the bed table detached and fell to the ground due to the impact.

"Damn..."

The foot of the bed, the door, the desk, the dressing table... everything in the room that was made of wood and the water had reached, was bloating and rotting.

When her mother sees this.

However, she and Sayaka were responsible for the house chores. Kyouko never saw Sayaka's mother enter in the room, in fact, she rarely was seen because of the work shift. The father, for what Kyouko knew, was working out of town.

Despite having a family, you have a very lonely life in this house. Kyouko thought as she watched Sayaka at the desk. "So? Did you have any ideas?"

On the desk there were several notes. Maps, addresses and schedules. All that Sayaka managed to keep in her head. Several times she was forced to destroy the material in the hope that Homura did not find out the extent of her knowledge. "I'm still thinking. I don't know how I can make Madoka remember. I need a good amount of time with her, but..."

Kyouko said, crossing her arms. "You had the opportunity on that day that Homura was missing."

"But you saw how she arrived the next day all cheerful. She must have been lying in wait. I'm telling you, it has to be something well planned. Opportunities are illusions in this world, there're only traps." Sayaka said while organizing some sheets.

Kyouko arrived beside her. "Why don't you give up about Madoka?"

Sayaka turned to Kyouko. "Again with that?"

"No." Kyouko gestured. "What I mean is about trying something else besides recovering the memories of that pinkette."

Sayaka became suspicious. She wondered what Kyouko was thinking. "If you think we have a chance against Homura, I say no. Before we make a single step, she'll have erased our minds."

"After what you said, I'm up to give a harsh lesson to her." So Kyouko nodded negatively. "But that's not what I was talking about either."

"Have a plan in mind?" Sayaka was more curious.

Kyouko scratched her neck. "Well... no. I just wanna help you to gather some ideas. The ones who were good with planning was Mami and Homura. I was there to clean up the mess when it didn't work. Heh."

Sayaka sighed and turned her attention back to the notes. "So..."

"Hey Sayaka."

"Um..." Sayaka kept her attention on the notes.

"Why don't we try to contact Mami?"

Sayaka stood for a moment, then looked at Kyouko.

"Like I said. She's good with plans. In addition, she studies in another classroom. Homura can be fast, but I think she can't be in two places at once." Kyouko smiled. "Wouldn't it be nice to have her with us?"

"Of course it would." Sayaka said without enthusiasm. "The problem is precisely the fact that she studies in another classroom. Contacting her is very risky, even more because it's probably that we have to recover her memory."

"Yeah, that's bad..." Kyouko shared the discouragement.

"But I'm without any ideas." Sayaka held one of the papers containing a drawing of the school's map. "It might be worth trying."