Betrayal

They say that when a person dies it seems like they are asleep.

Homura knew this was not true. While standing next to the body of Nagisa, she watched the pale, gray face of the fallen girl. There was no chest movement from breathing, as well as any eye movement under the eyelids.

At this time Homura remembered how Nagisa snored! She was a person who really announced when she was sleeping.

Despite the clean night sky, snowflakes began to fall over the plain, making company to a veiled cry.

Even if Nagisa was not sleeping, even with all that dry, dark blood, she had a semblance of peace.

"Wherever you're going, I hope you find your mother."

"oNlY If sHE iS In HELl!"

Homura squinted toward a column of blue liquid, which stood in the middle of a pile of metal debris. "YOu SHOuLd kNoW ThIs, bECaUSE yOu SaiD YoU wERe tHErE."

Homura approached, leaving the body of Nagisa behind.

The column was gaining volume and size, a pair of large dark blue eyes that seemed to be painted with gouache paint, emerged. "A tRAIToR GRIEviNg fOr AnOTher TrAiTOr..."

Homura looked away. "She was... a witch..."

"ANd sHe WAsN't ONlY tHAt For YOu. I SMeLl aNd TAsTE yOUrS tEaRs From HeRE, DeVil. tHEY'rE DeLiCIOus."

Homura pursed her lips.

"yOu NEvER sToPPEd To tHInk tHAt tHE PEoPLE cLOsE tO YoU aLwAYs dIE?"

The column reached the height of fifteen meters, the metal pieces began to move through the liquid to their proper places.

"FoR tHis IS tHe MiSERy tHAT YOur LiFE dESerVeS, HOmUra akEmI."

"Misery loves company."

Homura spoke again to that monstrosity that was rebuilding. "I don't know if you're Miki-san or if there is at least some remnant of her, but I'll tell you something." She smiled. "I know Kyouko Sakura recovered her memories."

Blue eyes crinkled as well as all the column of blue liquid.

"I believed she could convince you to improve your behavior, but I see it's not true." Homura began to crack the joints of her fingers. "She has no use anymore in staying with you, I think I'll send her to Kazamino. No... Maybe with Tomoe-san? They lived together... umm... ah! I know!"

The column was gaining arms and its ends began to emerge swords. The set of metal parts already represented an armor.

"What about her living with me?" Homura frowned. "Then would you kill her too?"