Thirty-eth

September 1st, 1855
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Wedding Day

One of the maids bent down fussing with the buttons to fasten the train to her wedding dress. Her sister Laura arranging the flowers on her headpiece. The height of fashion, a bridal cap gathered in the front framed with flowers. From that fell one layer of silk veiling, very sheer.

The wedding dress in "antique" white satin and lace. Hannah felt it appropriate due to the fact that this was her second wedding. But she wanted to be in all her bridal finery because this was Talbot's first wedding. He should be allowed all the traditional wedding attire and accoutrements.

The bodice of the dress was of the finest lace in the form of a bolero with long sleeves. Satin trim in a V-shape from just under the bosom going around to the back above the waistline. Under the bolero another piece of exquisite lace.

The skirt of the dress in plain satin, laid softly on the body with a train of the same fabric flowing softly out the back of the dress.

Little girls trying to get a peek at the bride in advance, peeping their head into the room from the bedroom doorway of her hotel suite. Hannah's auntie shooing them out.

Her bouquet was of the finest quality flowers available and quite large. Tea roses all in cream, with veiling ribbons flowing out from the back.

White carriage and white horses to match each other perfectly and the carriage, picked up the bride from the Hotel Regency in the center of town, where Hannah stayed the night before and dressed for the wedding in the morning.

Talbot was already at the plantation finalizing all the arrangements. Having arranged a few surprises for Hannah.

The day was perfect. The carriage was able to ride through town to the plantation, open. Talbot hoped that would happen so that all could see his beautiful bride as she was advancing to the place that would permanently and forever make her his. They would see Hannah Chamberlain for the last time.

Hannah made sure to invite all the men that she had invited for dinner those few months earlier.

This time their invitation read Mr. __________ and Guest. She wanted to make sure that they all saw her in the full light of day marry the man that she truly loved and put an end to all their scheming, cunning and conniving once and for all.........for all time to come! They reluctantly attended the wedding. Out of politic rather than choice or joy!

Talbot had all the guests standing in front of the house and looking down the lane way.

For every tall tree that Benjamin had planted many many years ago that lined the laneway Talbot had arranged a trumpeter to stand at each and every tree on both sides. As Hannah approached in the carriage the first set of trumpeters sounded her arrival. As the carriage passed the next set then joined the first set and so on down the lane.

By the time Hannah reached the front of the house all trumpets were playing announcing the arrival of the soon-to-be Mrs. Hezekiah Talbot.

It was enchanting. Hannah felt like a true princess.

She remained in the carriage as the guests moved to the garden and took their places. At the right moment Hannah's brother John approached and helped Hannah step out of the carriage. John walked Hannah towards the garden to the waiting groom.

The guests stood when Hannah arrived and she walked down the aisle as she approached Talbot he walked up the aisle to meet her half way, shook John's hand and took her arm and escorted her the rest of the way to stand together in front of the Justice of the Peace. Under her treasured arbor of the most beautiful roses that Hannah herself cherished and cultivated, they said their vows to God and each other.