Thirty-9th

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Chamberlain Plantation

Henry oversaw the replacement of the roses and the arbor to its original place. That was one of the requests of Mr. Talbot. For when he was there 'kidnapping' his own wife he walked into the garden and saw that the arbor was gone. He knew that Hannah was hurt by his disappearance. He wanted it restored. After all they got married under that arbor. With Henry's help it will be a blaze of blossoms when Talbots return to the plantation and see it. Mrs. Talbot especially will be thrilled that it had been restored to its original glory.

Henry busied himself with other things. Shipments of food and dry goods to the island by boat from Cuba. They no longer had to forage for food. Arrangements were made to make sure that did not have to happen. They were going to be on their island and live in luxury there. They both deserved each other and deserved to live in splendor for what they endured together.

He also made sure that Mrs. Berg was informed of what happened to Hannah and what the plan was to get her to the island. He wanted to make sure that Mrs. Berg did not worry about Hannah any longer and assured her that she was in the best hands now.

Henry made sure that Mrs. Berg felt the extent of his gratitude for her part in his plan to lift Mrs. Talbot's spirits and she is now happily united with her husband. He explained everything to her that had transpired since the wedding.

Mrs. Berg was thrilled over the news of her adopted daughter.