Part 4

~Jeremy's POV~ *10 years later*
"Jeremy you're 14 years old! Enough with your imaginary friend!" My dad huffs and I crossed my arms.
"Jake is real! He's a ghost that lived here before us."
"Do you know what happened in this house to the previous family?" My mother asks.
"No. Didn't they move out or something?"
"No they were murdered. In this very room. A father and son. Has Jake ever talked about himself? His family?"
I shook my head.
"You need to let go of Jake alright. Make some real friends and grow up!" My father demands and i just stormed up to my room.
"He is real. I can feel it." I muttered to myself and punched and kicked the walls. "Ow. Fuck. Okay that hurt."
"That's rude. What'd the walls ever do to you?" I turned and sighed.
"My parents think you're my imaginary friend and want me to make some real ones."
"I know. I heard the whole thing."
"Then tell me about yourself Jake."
He shrugs, "what's there to tell?"
"Umm like how you and your dad were murdered here."
He flinches and I know I'd struck a nerve with that statement.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"
"Just shut up. Please." Jake was trembling slightly and the lights went insane. I remained silent and Jake takes a step towards me. I tensed slightly even though I trusted this ghost with my life.
"I'm sorry Jeremy i didn't mean to freak like that. It's just a touchy topic." I hug him and he hugs me back.
"It's alright. I promise if I get some friends I'll try my best to introduce them to you."
"You don't have to Jeremy."
*******
The next day at school i actually may have made a friend. His name was Andy and he was so tall. He introduced me to two other guys, Ashley and CC. I liked them but the way Ashley was talking and acting towards me made me feel like he was flirting.
"C'mon Purdyboy leave the new guy alone." CC pulls him away from me. He tries to flirt with Andy but Andy evidently wasn't amused and just rolled his eyes. "You're such a slut you know that Ashes?"
"Guilty as charged sweetie." Oh my God Ashley is making me uncomfortable.
"You're scaring him Ashley." Andy says and I bit my lip, a little shy.
"Aww I'm sorry sweetie I didn't mean too."
"I-It's fine."
"We're gonna call you Jinxx. Alright?"
"B-But my name's Jeremy."
"And now it's Jinxx. We all have nicknames here. Purdyboy here is Ashley, I'm Christian but please call me CC."
"W-What's so cool about yours Andy?"
"His name is Andrew so we call him Andy for short. And we decided to call you Jinxx just cause it sounds cool." I nodded and looked at my shoes, blushing.
"Alright so Andy we still on for your place tonight? Jinxx why don't you come as well?" I nodded slightly and we walked out of school.
~Jake's POV~
It was well after midnight when Jeremy and three other guys came stumbling in, drunk off their asses no doubt.
"That was fun." Jeremy smiles and the others nod.
"Stuck with us Jinxx and every weekend will be like that." Jinxx? I don't like that name. It just doesn't suit Jeremy. He and his friends carry on drinking and talking until they pass out. I sighed and laid a blanket over Jeremy, cleaned up all the beer bottles, and turned the lights out. I don't like these friends. This better not become a habit. Wait what are you saying Jake? Dead guys don't just give friend advice to cute living boys. I sighed and went to my room. As much as it pains me, his father was right. It's time Jeremy grew up and let me go.