Part 5

~Ashley's POV~
I woke up on Jinxx's floor and my head was pounding. Everyone else was still passed out around me so I stood, a little wobbly, and went to get some painkillers for my hangover. I can't really remember last night, it was kinda hazy. Before I could reach the cabinet i puked in the sink and made a disgusted face.
"That's disgusting." I turned the knob to try and wash out my puke. I heard shuffling out in the living room and figured it was one of the guys. What I didn't expect was to be spun around and pinned to a wall. I groaned. This isn't helping my headache.
"Back the fuck off Jeremy. You and your drinking buddies." This being in front of me was somewhat see through but not entirely. This feels to real to be a dream so i figure this house is haunted by a seriously cute ghost.
"And what if I say no what's a cutie like you gonna do?" I tried flirting with it cause it either a) works or b) makes the person so uncomfortable that they leave me alone. I swear he started blushing and backed away a little but then he gets really pissed and I almost regretted flirting.
"I can make your life a living Hell so I wouldn't press your luck with me. I mean it, back off Jeremy."
"Awww does ghostie have feelings for Jinxx?" I smirked and his glare was lethal. It's a wonder I'm even standing here still. The being simply disappears and reappears over Jinxx, watching him sleep. He had this kinda lovesick look in his eyes and I pitied him.
"Name's Jake by the way." He says without taking his eyes off Jinxx.
"Ashley." I reply and walk back over sitting next to him.
"His parents think I'm his imaginary friend and told him to grow up and make some real friends." Jake says quietly.
"I'm sorry. Jake do you love Jinxx?"
"I have since he was 4 years old." He sighs.
"I can't remember all of last night but I know Jinxx talked a lot about you Jake. How you were his only friend till we showed up. How sweet you are. I think he likes you back." Jake puts his head in his hands and I put my arm around his shoulders, almost afraid it'd go right through him but it didn't.
"When was it if you don't mind my asking."
"2004. I was 24 years old. Sitting right in this spot, my dad next to me when a robber came in and shot him without a moment's hesitation. Only after I watched him bleed out on my lap was I put out of my misery." He sniffled and wiped his tears. "I woke up in my room as a ghost and saw the place was picked clean by the robber. Can you imagine seeing your own dead body? It's disturbing. Anyways a week later Jeremy's parents show up and moved in. I've watched Jeremy grow up and I hate that I'm in love with him but i am." I was blown away by what Jake was saying. I can't imagine what it must be like to love someone and it be physically impossible for a relationship to occur. I don't know much about ghosts but I'm pretty sure Jake is bound to this house. And Jinxx wouldn't wanna stay inside all his life just to be with Jake.
"I'm really sorry for earlier." I apologize lamely and Jake nods.
"Thanks Ashley." I nodded and winced as my head starts pounding again.
"Remind me again why I drink so much?" I muttered to myself so he got me some painkillers then disappears. Jinxx sits up and I looked at him sadly. There's got to be a way to get these two together. You'd be breaking the laws of nature Ash. What's dead should stay dead. It'd have to be some pretty ancient dark shit you'd need anyways. You shouldn't get mixed up in that. I don't care. I feel really bad for Jake so I'm gonna do him a favor.
If it works you mean?
Shut up.