Chapter One

How could she possibly have this much stuff? Brett looked at her overflowing suitcase. Brett pursed her lips. She flipped the lid back open and starting trying to rearrange. Mike peaked his head in and immediately started laughing at the frustrated expression on Brett's face. She flipped her head around but started smiling. "Oh, hey." Mike chuckled. "Can you really need this much stuff? We're going away for two days." Brett sighed, "It doesn't help that you haven't told me what we'll be doing or where we're going." Mike smiled. "Well, I'm just planning on a lot of relaxing on the beach, a lot of laying around with you, a lot of sleep..." Mike winked at her. "Maybe a few surprises." Brett smiled. She looked down at the suitcase and felt silly now. She crossed to her closet. She pulled out a duffel bag and tossed in a few items: a bathing suit, some casual clothes, her toiletries, and a nice dress in case they went out. She looked up at Mike, and he leaned down and kissed her. "Ready now?" Brett nodded.

The two headed down the stairs, and Charlie and Jakes were sitting in the living room. Jakes looked over at them. "You two heading out?" Brett nodded, "Yep, we're on the way out." Charlie stood and crossed over to them, giving them both a tight squeeze. "You guys have so much fun." Paige and Briggs wandered out of the kitchen. Briggs waved at the two of them. "You kids have a good time." Mike waved back. "Will do, man." Mike held the door open and Brett stepped out. Brett looked down. "Where is your bag?" Mike laughed, "It's already in the car." Brett giggled, "Oh." Mike held her door open, and she slid in. Mike walked around to his side of the car and got in. Brett tilted her head and looked over at Mike. "Can I, at least, know how long of a drive it'll be?" Mike pretended to be deciding. Brett rolled her eyes. Mike snickered. "It's about a two hours drive." Brett leaned back, and Mike put his hand on hers. He smiled over at her. Brett smiled back. Two days alone with Mike? It didn't really matter where they were going.