Chapter 2

Kiama woke up to some on talking. When she opened her eyes she noticed it was still dark. Seeing that there was a tiny bit of light in the sky she assumed it was about five in the morning. She turned over and saw Emily sitting on her made bed reading a book that sat on her criss-crossed lap out loud. Kiama stayed silent a bit listening to a story of an island where people never grew up. Oh how she'd love to be there.
   "Whatcha doing?" Kiama finally asked after hearing about a mermaid lagoon on the island.
   "Reading." Emily answered.
   "Whatcha read'n?"
   "Peter Pan."
   "Wow sounds great."
   "It is." She answered simply.
  "So your an orphan right?" Kiama asked hoping to some how tell Emily about her brother.
   "Um yeah, how'd you...oh right telekinesis. But yes I am. Why?"
  "Do you remember any family?" Kiama asked ignoring her question.
   "Well sorta I was hoping to find them in Ninjago but no luck."
   "What if you were just not looking hard enough?"
    "Yeah I'm pretty sure I looked pretty dare hard."
    "Well maybe you didn't." Kiama shrugged. She flung her feet over the bed and walked out the door into the court yard. She picked up a bow staff that was resting against the wall and began practicing strikes and blocks. Imagining her enemy like she had for years. Trying to surprise herself with strikes and blocks. She threw in some karate kicks and punches in between.
"Were'd you learn that?" A voice asked. Kiama turned and saw Cole leaning against the doorway.
"Practiced all the time in the woods. I taught myself all sorts of stuff." Kiama smiled. Cole came over to her.
"If you block like this," Cole began place his arms around her and holding her wrists turning them gently so the staff was positioned differently.",than it will be easier to block hits and quicker to recover from." He let go and Kiama practiced after a few more strikes at an imaginary target she stopped and turned to Cole.
"Rebound after your round house and you'll get better balance." She spoke. Cole shook his head and looked at her.
"You are just something else aren't you?" She shrugged and began to walk off."Where are you going, if your up this early might as well get some good use of it. Kiama stopped, sighed, and turned around. Cole already had a bow staff in hand. She was the first to strike. The two staffs hitting together felt good. Kiama tried a few strikes but Cole was good at blocking her. She came up with a small battle plan. She looked like she was about to strike but instead dropped to her hands and in one quick swift movement knocked Cole's feet out from under him. He landed on the pavement.
"Nice, I think it's about time you got your gi." He groaned. Kiama smiled and helped him up.
"Great idea." She giggled. Cole flung his arm around her shoulders. Kiama's stomach dropped at his touch.
"I think you deserve it." He laughed.
"Y...ye...yeah." She stuttered.
"You okay?"
"Um....what...yeah..just..um...just cold." Nice Kiama real nice.
"We can get hot tea with breakfast that should warm you up." Cole said. She nodded. They walked past the dorm room to another door this one a wooden door. Inside were weapons and a small wore closet in the back corner. Cole walked to the closet and opened it up. There was a single gi inside. A pink one with a Pearl white lining. Kiama smiled.
"I'm like'nit." She smiled.
"Thought you would." He smiled. He handed her the gi."I'll leave you alone so you can change. Were gonna do some training today so yeah you might wanna wear the gi instead of jean shorts." He smirked as he walked out. Kiama shook her head and changed. She took her old cloths as she walked out the door. She walked back to dorm room to find everyone awake.
"We saw you and Cole fighting." Lexa smirked. Oh gosh this.
"Um..and?" Kiama looked at them. All of them smirking at her.
"You two would make such a good couple!" Emily smiled.
"I think that's the most words you've ever said." She pointed out. Emily rolled her eyes.
"Come on there's gotta be some juice news!" Lizz spoke.
"Alright so were you all on your periods last night or something!? What happened to the sudden mood change?" Kiama asked.
"Just spill it tree girl something good obviously happened for you to be smiling that big." Luna said standing up and placing a hand on her hip.
"Okay good to know not everyone changed over night." Kiama retorted.
"Just shut up and answer the question." Luna smiled.
"Well I might like Cole." Kiama muttered.
"Oh my gosh!" Lizz and Emily squealed.
"When you gonna tell him?" Lexa asked.
"Yeah tree girl." Luna said jokingly, made she was warming up to her.
"Guys I said might!" Kiama said a bit louder.
"You'll come through at some point." Lizz winked. Kiama shrugged.
"Yeah good luck with that." She shook her head placing her cloths on her bed.
"Come on K!" Emily looked at me.
"I'll admit it to you guys not him." Kiama spoke sitting on the bed and crossing her arms.
"It's not that hard. Just pretend I'm Cole." Lexa said standing up and puffing out her chest trying to look maleish.
"Hey Kiama, you wanna go out with me Cole?" She said in a guy voice. Everyone including Kiama and Luna burst out laughing.
"Oh my gosh no." Kiama laughed.
"K you can't just reject him!" Lizz shouted at Kiama. She just shook her head and laughed.
"Hey she's lived in a tree all her life she might be a little rooted in her old ways of not talking to anyone." Luna snickered playfully.
"Oh whatever!" Kiama said.
"Than go tell him you like him!" Emily said.
"Fine! And I will show you all that I am not "rooted" in my old ways." Kiama said and marched out the door and into the boys were Cole was sitting next to Jay talking to him and Leo."Cole!" Kiama stopped."I like you and there is nothing you can do about it!" She announced and ran out of the room. The group of laughing girls ran back into the room. Kiama was the last one and and slammed the door shut."What the frick did I just do!"
"You just told him!" Luna laughed.
"You guys are absulotly the worst." Kiama said skidding down against the door. Shaking her head. Man Cole was so gonna hate her now. The door began to open but shut because Kiama was leaning on it.
"Hey let me in!" A girls voice came through.
"Sorry!" Kiama spoke rolling onto her stomach away from the door so it could open. A girl in a red and gold gi walked in.
"What in the world is going on?" She asked.
"Sorry I just did something really stupid that's all." Kiama answered. Everyone was still laughing externally hard as the girl sat down on the empty bed. Once everyone calmed down they looked at the girl.
"Who are you?" Luna asked. Her voice more cold again. Oh I get it. She's more reserved and cold around people she doesn't know. Got it. Em and Lizz went back to quiet mood and Lexa just stared at the girl.
"I'm Mia, I'm Kia's sister." She answered. Kiama nodded. Well someone has to be the nice one at first.
"I'm Kiama. That's Luna, Lexa, Lizz, and Emily." She looked at Mia. Black short hair and greenish eyes. Nice.
"So you girls should probably get ready training starts soon." Mia said and walked out.
"Well she was..." Kiama was cut off by Luna.
"Wasn't very nice." Luna stated and grabbed her gi head for the bathroom which was next to the dorm room.
"I was gonna say diffrent." Kiama finished."So what do you guys think we were brought here for?"
"I don't know but I say we need to find out." Lexa spoke pulling out her gi and setting it next to her. Kiama looked at Em who stayed quiet. She shrugged and turned to Lizz.
"What do you think El?" Kiama asked.
"I think we figure out what there hiding from us." Kiama hadn't seen this part of Lizz. Well than again she'd know her like not even a day.
"Girls I'm thinking tonight we sneak into sensei Wu's room and see what we can find. But we'll need some help." Kiama spoke.
"How 'bout you ask your new bf?" Lexa asked laughing silently.
"He's not by boyfriend you evil child. Oh that'll be your name from me LEC, little evil child." Kiama smirked.
"It is true." Lexa shrugged. Luna came back in, in her silver gi. Lexa picked up her scarlet colored one and began to walk out.
" I was talking about repair boy!" Kiama shouted at Lexa referring to Leo.
"Yeah right!" Lexa shouted back. Kiama giggled and shrugged she liked Lexa. She liked having friends. Or hopefully they were her friends. She knew Emily was. Speaking of Emily. Kiama swore Emily smilies at herself when she said Leo's name. She was planning on asking about that. I mean they were holding hands the other day. So maybe they were dating. Oh well integration would come later. Kiama smiled at herself and the joke she had made in her head. She looked at Lizz who was silently fiddling with a lose string in her midnight blue gi.
After everyone was changed into there gi's ,Emily being the last, they walked out the the main area where the boys were standing talking to each other and leaning against the stone wall in the shade. Kiama shook her head. As soon as she saw Cole she remembered what she had said.
"Hey if he doesn't like you back just say it was a dare." Someone whispered. I was surprised but nit shocked to see it was Luna. I smiled and walked over to Cole picking up a bow staff.
"So are we training or what?" Kiama asked. Cole smiled at her and took the bow staff.
"We are but not that kind of training. Were training with powers." Cole spoke.
"Everyone listen up please." Sensei's voice rung and everyone went quiet."New ninjas you will be pared with an experienced ninja and that will being your training partner. Alright Emily you'll go with Jay, Leo your with Zane, Lexa you'll be with Kia, Luna your with Lloyd, Kiama your with Cole, and Lizz your with Mia. Everyone train hard in a week we will have a hard journey ahead of us." And than Sensei left before anyone could question anything. Kiama saw how happy Luna looked to be with Lloyd and Lexa with Kia. And they said I had a crush! They should see there faces. Kiama was so gonna get those four together. Lloyd and Luna, such a cute couple and Lexa and Kai I mean come in there so adorable together. Kiama looked at Cole.
"Let's do this. " Kiama said and placed a hand on her hip.
"Alright, so your magic and your main thing is water. We'll head down to the lake. Lizz and Mia will probably come soon but will be on a diffrent part of the lake. Let's go." Cole said grabbing her hand again and they ran off toward the lake."Okay.." Cole started once they got there."...controlling water is probably pretty close to controlling earth...so just focus on what part you wanna move and where you wanna move it." Kiama laughed. She closed her eyes and with the greatest of ease brought up some water and swirled it around them than shout it into a tree snapping it immedetally in half."Wow, your a fast learner."
"Oh man Cole. I've been able to do that since I was like little." She laughed. Cole scratched the back of his neck.
"Right," he said. Kiama looked over and saw Lizz doing really well with her water powers. She seemed to warm up to Mai. Cole handed her a bow staff."let's do this." He said.

*That night*
They were all tried from training but the really wanted answers they were gonna go to Sensei's room and try to find stuff. Really anything. They weren't really we reign anything special just pjs. Luna wore a dark purple tank top and lite green flannel shorts. Lexa had on a red tank with black cotton pants. Lizz had on a black tank and black shorts. Emily had on a blue sweatshirt and black shorts. Kiama had on a pink spaghetti strap tank and white shorts. Barefoot they all crept into Sensei's room. The spread out and searched the practically empty room. Just a few dressers and bowl with a pillow in front of it. Kiama sat down on the pillow and looked into the bowl. She used her magic to create a swirling in the liquid in the bowl. It began to glow a gold color. A picture flashed in her mind and she began to scream as enraging pain entered her head like a headache at its worst. She heard yelling behind her and a strong grip on her shoulders trying to pull her away. The image stopped and she saw that saw was now laying in the lap of Cole. He was wearing black shorts and a black shirt. She saw a few more of the ninja comforting the other girls had they been affected to? Kiama's head started to spin again and she moved her hand to her head.
"Ouch." She moaned.
"What happened to you K?" She heard Cole mutter. She looked down at her hands which were now burned. He moved his hand toward the burns.
"Ow! Cole don't." She yelped. I laird my head back I to his lap looking at the others. Emily was on the floor Leo was hugging her close to his chest. Mai was helping Lizz breath ,Zane was asking Sensei, who looked very nervouse, about something, Lloyd had Luna cradled in his arms, Jay was watching Emily from behind Leo looking worried, and Kai was holding Lexa's forearms trying to get her to calm down. They all saw something Kiama knew it. Suddenly her vision started to splotch."Cole I think I'm gonna black out." Cole shifted to he was now caring her bridal style. Kiama felt him start to walk but her hearing went out and she was losing consciousness. She saw Cole trying to say something yo her looking up every now and than to see where he was going. Kiama couldn't feel anything. She felt tried and weak. She invited the darkness and became unconsciousns.