Chapter 9

It was over.

All too soon.

And I found myself quickly feeling the absence of his lips.

They were so, soft. So, comforting.

I wanted more. I wanted to keep my lips plastered to his.

I wanted to kiss him again.

I didn't.

I opened my eyes and took a deep breath, taking in his figure one body part at a time.

His black eyes, they stared down at me, unrelenting. They were examining me too.

They seemed to like me.

His hair, slicked back in this unruly way that I found myself wanting to push down the pieces that stuck out on the sides.

His prickly chin hairs that looked dangerously innocent.

I wanted to feel them against my neck.

His outfit, which was irresistibly simple. He wore a white button up shirt and black jeans.

I gulped at the way the jeans hugged his thighs.

He was a perfect only I could see.

He was a perfect like no other.

He was my kind of perfect.

I didn't know how I felt about that.

"You look, different." He said and his hand fell to the small of my back.

I couldn't tell his tone of voice but I suspected with all the makeup that it was a good different.

I looked confident.

That's all that mattered.

I smiled.

"This must be..." He motioned towards Lily.

"The name's Lily." She mumbled and went back to her tablet.

Rude.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Rye." He smiled even though she wasn't looking.

I couldn't think straight because his hand pressed deeper into my back.

"I know." She answered back and chomped on a chip.

I stared at Rye.

He looked away from her, a curious gleam in his eyes, and looked down at me.

"You ready to go?" His eyes roamed my body once more before he looked up again.

I smiled, and I guess he took that as a yes.

Closing the door behind us, Rye took my hand in his and led us down the stairwell two steps at a time.

I found it hard to keep up.

He periodically would look behind him at me and smile, and I would smile back.

Once we were away from the building, he pulled out a set of keys and pressed a button.

A car lit up.

And it scared me.

I jumped up, clearly caught of guard, and Rye laughed.

"You've never seen a self start car before?"

It wasn't that. I just didn't expect him to do that.

I didn't even know he had a car.

The car was a deep ruby color, and it seemed to shine if I squinted hard enough.