Chapter 23

Luke

I had left to go to my locker. I had to put away some books from first period. When i arrived at my locker, there was no one in the hallway. Weird? There were a bunch of people just a second ago. I shrugged and opened my locker, emptying my book bag contents and closing it again. I stared at the scratched blue paint with words carved in it. Like ''Luke is a fag" "Queer" "Fucking loser" and all that jazz.

I sighed and walked away from my locker and towards my next classroom. It was English. It's actually one of my favourite subjects. I dunno why but i guess i have a knack for writing.

I walked into my classroom and sat towards the middle of the classroom, next to the window. I peered out and frowned. Michael was leaning against a wall smoking. Since when did he smoke? Wait why am I caring? I have to not care so i wont care about him?

A sigh escaped me. Oh who am I kidding? I care about him. A lot. I tore my gaze away from him and looked down at my desk. The classroom door opened, footsteps were soft against the wooden floor. The person sat down next to me, making them cast a shadow of my hunched over frame.

"Luke?" Oh it was just Ash. "Yeah?" I kept looking down.
"You okay?" I shrugged. "I dunno" I mumbled
"Luke, look at me" I shook my head. "Please?" I rolled my eyes and finally looked up. "Yes mum" I mocked with a little smile. Ashton smiled back and chuckled. "Ha ha very funny Lucas. Now tell me what's wrong" I went to open my mouth but nothing came out. I gulped and pointed out the window towards Michael. Ashton followed my finger and his soft expression instantly angered.

"Luke?" He looked back at me.
"Yeah?" I looked up at him.
He bit his lip. "I really don't like Michael"
I nodded. He continued. "B-But I really l-like you"
My eyes widened. "What?"

And then the thing i least expected him to do happened. Ashton kissed me.

But then something more unexpected happened. I kissed back