Chapter Four

Silence drew upon us all as Daryl breathed heavily, finally walking down to join him with me leading the way.

Daryl growled and quickly raised his crossbow at T-Dog, close to shooting him. But Rick raised his gun to Daryl's head, which made me raise my knife to his throat. Rick gave me a questioning look, I glared.

"Drop ye weapon from his head, Rick." I ordered him. "Now."

Rick sighed, looking back at Daryl who still had his crossbow aimed at T-Dog.

"I won't hesitate." Rick said. "I don't care if every walker in the city hears it."

Daryl fought back tears, but lowered his crossbow. I lowered my knife from Rick's throat once he put his gun away. T-Dog was breathing heavily from his near death experience just now. I glanced over at Glenn, who was quiet during all of this to see him with a terrified look. Unsure of what he should do or say in the situation.

"You got a do-rag or somethin'?" Daryl asked T-Dog, surprisingly calm.

T-Dog cautiously handed Daryl a do-rag from his pocket. Daryl took it and with a sigh, placed Merle's severed hand in it.

"I guess the saw blade was too dull for the handcuffs." Daryl stated. "Ain't that a bitch."

Once the hand was wrapped up in the do-rag, Daryl motioned for Glenn to turn around so he could shove the hand in his backpack. While Daryl situated the hand in Glenn's pack, Glenn looked like he was fighting off a bile. Trying so hard not to think what was now in his backpack.

I covered my mouth with my hand as I turned away from Glenn, praying he wouldn't see me giggle at his obvious discomfort.

"He must have used a tourniquet - maybe his belt?" I said, observing the scene. "Be much more blood if he didn't."

"Ye think?" Daryl asked, rolling his eyes as he followed the blood trail.

I glared at his back, following after him into another part of the building. Weapons raised yet again, we descended down a flight of stairs with me following close behind Daryl and Rick right behind me.

"Merle!" Daryl called out. "Ye in here?"

I smacked his back. "Tryna'  get us killed?"

He glared. "If ye afraid, ye shoulda stayed with ye little girl where ye belong."

I scoffed. "Stupid ass." I grumbled, shoving by him and quickly down the stairs.

Spotting another lone freak, with her jaw completely missing as she snarled at me, I pulled back on my bow and let my arrow fly straight for her head. Piercing her right between the eyes. Grinning when she fell with a thud.

"Righ' between the eyes." I said to myself, pulling my arrow right out of her forehead. "Clear." I called out as the guys piled in slowly.

Daryl stepped in front of me, his eyes scanning the room. He took my wrist gently and led us down a hallway, keeping me close behind him. I rolled my eyes, trying to shake his hand off me but to no use.

We entered another room to find a couple freaks dead on the ground.

"Had enough in him to take out these two sumbitches." Daryl admired. "One handed."

"Well, ain't he a bad ass." I muttered.

"Toughest asshole I ever met, my brother." Daryl continued, ignoring me as he loaded his crossbow. "Feed him a hammer... He'd crap out nails."

"Any man can pass out from blood loss, no matter how tough he is." Rick said, walking away into the next room.

"Merle!" Daryl poked his head into the next room.