Chapter 5

The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.
-Ashley Montagu

                                                     ************

Song for this chapter-Teenage Dream- Katy Perry

                                             Cheerleader-Omi

(Song suggestions are most welcome. PM me or comment below)

                                                     *************

PICTURE- Liam (played by Cody Linley)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He was doing what?" Lexi questioned me for a thousandth time after I told her the complete story of my personal encounter with Jason.

"You heard me the first time", I answered her for the thousandth time.

"I did of course hear you but I just- I just can't bring myself to believe it. Are you sure that this Jason you are telling me about is the same Jason I'm thinking about because the Jason I'm thinking about didn't seem like the Jason you're talking about. Just think about it Cia, Jason is a fairly common name, there are so many Jasons in the world, what are the possibilities that this particular Jason whom I'm thinking about, one from the party happens to be in your class. Just imagine, NYU has a magnanimous campus with infinite choices of courses. But, but this is insane, what are the chances, the probability?" There was a hint of astonishment in her voice, like she wasn't talking to me but trying to convince herself.

"Alexia", I groaned, "Its slim. The probability is quite slim but I'm sure. I am one hundred percent sure, I can recognize his face among a million of faces. It was him. The Jason I'm talking about and the Jason you are thinking about are one and the same."

"But how can you be so sure", she still wasn't convinced, "I mean you just saw him once. You passed out after that, you didn't see his face later. You can easily confuse him with some other person you saw at the party. You know the sub-conscious mind and all that jazz. It's a pretty plausible explanation."

"Yes, that's true. But I heard his voice and there is no way that I can confuse his voice with someone else's. Just believe me Lexi it was him, in my class, in that empty lecture hall doing- you know with that scantily dressed girl", I stated with a certain unexplained distaste.

"Well in that case I would say- too bad", Lexi shrugged her shoulders and took a sip from her coffee.

"But that is not even my point. I just went there to thank him. You should know that it was my only intention. But what did he do?"I said irately.

"Tell you to get out", Lexi stated.

"Yes exactly! He told me to get out. He insulted me, he doesn't even know me yet he insulted me this way and that too in front of that; that", I paused to take a deep breath, calming myself a little, "that girl", I finally uttered.

I bit into my muffin indignantly, like it was an enemy of mine.

Lexi was looking at me with an expression of utter amusement. Her lips were curved slightly forming an unintended smile.

"What?", I questioned in exasperation.

"It was very wrong", she said nodding her head.

"It was yeah, that is what I'm saying. Why are you smiling then?", I asked her.