Chapter 12

"It is in herself she will find, the strength she needs."

-Anonymous

Songs for this chapter- Fight Song by Rachel Platten. ( Go listen to it if you haven't yet.)

Hey Jude by The Beetles.

(song suggestions are welcome)

_______________________________________________________

"What do you mean?" The words escaped from my mouth before I could stop them. I was shocked beyond belief by the revelation. It was then that I understood why Tia had been so evasive when I had asked her about her roommate.

And what did Kylie meant by agreement?

'Your friends stay away from me and I stay away from them.'

So that's what their little hidden meeting, today in the coffee shop, over which I had been freaking out, was all about.

I felt stupid for doubting Tia and treating her with so much hostility tonight. She had done absolutely nothing, but tried to help.

Kylie was her roommate.

I needed a little time to wrap my head around that fact.

Why was God playing such an absurd prank on me?

"Oh she didn't tell you?" Kylie's smirk was ridiculously mocking and I felt an uncontrollable urge to whack her. I bit my lip to suppress my anger until I tasted something metallic on my tongue.

Blood.

"Your beloved bestie here and I are roomies." She said with distaste.

I glowered at her.

She sniggered. "Believe me," she said. "I'm not happy about having to share my room with miniature Barbie either but I can't help it now, can I?" She clung tightly to Jason's arm who stood there, motionless and expressionless.

I could swear at that moment that he was bipolar.

One moment he was smiling like the honey drop sun on a warm, breezy day, lighting up the entire world and the next moment, he was grim like the hard ground on a cold winter's night.

"Mind your tongue." I warned her.

"You mind yours." She hit back. "And stay away." She added furiously.

"You know what?" Tia's voice sounded broken.

I turned my face to find her eyes a little damp and a great amount of guilt surged through my veins.

'

"It doesn't even matter." She said and walked straight back into the house. I shot Kylie one last warning glare and went after her.

This was all my fault, and even though it wasn't my intention, I knew that I had hurt her.

I needed to catch up with her and apologize for the inimical way I had treated her.

But unfortunately, amongst the drunk, gyrating crowd, I lost sight of her.

Well for someone with legs that small, she sure was fast. I ran my eyes over the place multiple times bur the tiny mouse of Tia's body was nowhere to be seen. I checked in the kitchen and even went back to the old couch looking for her, but instead I was greeted by the 'not so enticing' sight of two drunken girls making out very sloppily.

I shut my eyes and quickly spun around.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against homosexual people; most of them are really nice once you talk to them. But I do have something against drunk, sloppy make out sessions in full public view.