Chapter 6

I think that humans have a huge capacity to carry pain and sadness. There are things that haunt us our entire lives; we are unable to let them go. The good times seem almost effervescent and dreamlike in comparison with the times that didn't go so well.
- Henry Rollins.

                               ***************

Songs for this chapter- Young, Wild and Free- Wiz Khalifa

                                                Burn- Ellie Goulding

( Song suggestions are welcome)

                               *************

Picture of Noah on the side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think I look fine", I was standing in front of the mirror wearing a baby pink T-Shirt coupled with my blue worn out jeans.

"Are you kidding me?", Lexi said sounding a little disappointed, "Lucia that T-shirt is awful and to be honest, those jeans look like you borrowed them from a homeless person."

"Now you are just exaggerating. I have even straightened my hair", I commented.

"Yes and that's the only good thing you've done", she told me in an obvious tone. "Now", she said in a manner which indicated professionalism, "let me have a look." Pushing me softly aside, she started skimming through my wardrobe in search for something which could pass as classy and toned down at the same time.

"It's only a movie, we're not going to a fashion parade for heaven's sake", I reminded her," and just so you know these are my favorite jeans and I'm very comfortable in these."

"Well you can be comfortable in a pair of Fendi jeans, all the same", she laid out some skinny ripped jeans which I didn't even know I owned up until now.

"And ooh look, now what do we have here? A nice black top from Gucci and you even have those classic black boots to go with this. I honestly have no idea, Lucia Celeste Waters, why you choose to dress like girl from some farm in the countryside when you own a wardrobe that most chics would kill for", she said placing the lacy, black cloth in my hands.

"Hey I don't look that bad", I said defensively. "It's just that I prefer comfort over fashion and honestly I envy the girl from a countryside farm. No hair worries, no stressing over clothes, just peace in the beautiful country. Sounds tempting."

"Sounds horrible. I'll tell you what sounds tempting. Designer clothes and enough balance in your bank account that you don't have to glance at the price tag of anything before buying it. This life that we have right now, this sounds tempting. So you take these clothes and change right now. You don't want to look like a charity case on this movie date", she said with a firm note.

"You know what you sound like my mom", I told her.

"Hell no I don't. Now hurry, hurry", she said jumping in excitement.

"If you say so", I rolled my eyes at her. Picking up the ultramarine jeans from the bed I meandered to the adjoining dressing room.

"I said hurry. It's six fifteen already and the movie starts at seven", Lexi said impatiently. 

"Yes I heard you. Relax the multiplex is just about twenty minutes away. We have plenty of time on our hands", I called out from the dressing room.