Chapter 2

Reid stood inside the chemistry classroom which once belonged to the late Drew Smith. In front of him was an intimidating class of teenagers. They were all staring at Spencer, waiting for him to speak. Reid licked his lips and took a deep breath. "Good Morning everyone," he finally let out.

The class didn't respond, they were shocked at the awkwardness of the teacher in front of them. 

Sitting at her desk, Natalie watched the man in front of her. He tripped over thin air when walking to the board to write his name. The letter 'D' was beginning to be traced by the marker in his hand, but he quickly replaced it with the letter 'M'. On the board, the name, Mr. Gray was written. Natalie had her doubts about the man, there was no way a teacher could be that awkward in front of students.

"I'm Mr. Gray,"

Natalie took note of his unnatural way of saying that name.

"-and I'll start by taking attendance," he said. The names of the students rolled off his tongue as he read the attendance sheet. He made sure to match a face to each name. A few students caught his eye that matched the partial profile they had. "So, what are we learning about?" Spencer asked.

Drew Foster raised his hand, "Chemistry," his remark earned a few giggles from the class.

Natalie laughed too, she and Drew had been hanging out for the last couple months. It started when they had a science project together. She had some feelings for him but didn't know if it was mutual.

"Okay then," Reid said. 

He moved to the side ever so slightly but Natalie could see it. He had a gun holstered at his waist. She attempted to play it cool but couldn't help but be a little freaked out. Was this man the murderer?

"Okay so clearly you guys are trying to take advantage of me right now," Spencer said.

Natalie noticed the substitute scan the room. It seemed as though he was trying to analyze the students reactions... Like he was a profiler. Okay so maybe not murderer.

"Let's do this," Spencer began. "How many of you considered Mr. Smith as a good teacher?" he waited for the class to respond. They did, the whole entire class raised their hands. Spencer smiled and then continued, "How many of you considered him to be your favorite teacher?" Some of the students put their hands down but, for the most part, everyone's hands were still raised. 

Natalie was one of those students with their hands raised. Mr. Smith was the only teacher who knew about her mind. The news of his death was the worst she had gotten since her parents' passing.

"I'm not here to take his place," Spencer said, "I'm here to make sure his legacy at this school, lives,"

Natalie observed the substitute in front of him. He showed compassion that made her trust him. And Natalie didn't exactly trust people easily.

----

"Being a sub is the worst," JJ laughed.

The team was back at the police precinct, discussing the events of the day. Rossi had the pleasure of being called 'old man' or 'wrinkles' the whole day. Meanwhile, JJ had her fair share of spit balls shot at her. It seemed Reid was the only one who could get across to the students. This was a surprise to the team considering his awkwardness in front of crowds.

"No recent murder, thankfully," Emily mumbled.

"So, three teachers are dead. Let's build a profile," Hotch added, "I visited the morgue this morning, there was nothing out of the ordinary. They were all simple homicides but no DNA was found,"

"I think the question here is, was it a teacher or a student who did this?" Morgan pointed out.

"Were there any students that seemed out of the ordinary to you guys?" Hotch asked.

"There's a few, I gave a quiz so I could see what they knew on the course-" 

"No wonder they called you wrinkles," JJ laughed, interrupting Rossi.

Rossi rolled his eyes, "One girl, her name's Natalie Cindy,"

"She's in one of my classes," Reid said.

"Me too," said JJ.

Rossi pulled out a piece of paper from his bag. It was a scantron from the test he distributed. "Everything is correct except for two questions, 1 and 10. They were the easiest questions on the test. She even got the questions that they weren't even supposed to know right,"

"She could've done that on purpose. I did things like that to not seem as smart as I actually was. Of course it never worked, but it might for her," Spencer added.

"Or she took some really good guesses," Emily said.

"Reid, JJ, do the same thing. We'll compare the students who have all three teachers. While they're doing that, Emily, Morgan and I are going to interview their colleagues. We'll deal with their families afterwards," Hotch concluded the discussion.

A/N

I'm so sorry I didn't update for over a month!! I hope this wasn't too boring but I promise it will get more interesting. See you guys in the next chapter :)