Chapter 4

"Mrs. Cindy?" Morgan asked when a woman who looked around forty answered the door. It was Saturday morning and the woman seemed surprised to see two FBI agents outside her door.

"It's Williams, but call me Marissa. You must be looking for Natalie then?" the woman, now known as Marissa asked.

"Yes, ma'am but, we'd also like to speak with you," Derek replied.

Marissa nodded and opened the door for the agents. Inside, four kids of different ages sat on the couch, none of them being Natalie. The kids looked almost scared that Derek and Spencer were standing in the living room.

"I'll go get Natalie, would you guys like coffee or anything?" Marissa asked.

"No thank you," Spencer and Derek said, almost simultaneously. They looked around the living room for any details they could find about Natalie or her foster parents. Strangely, there wasn't even a single picture that showed she existed.

Derek turned to Reid and whispered, "Am I the only one who's noticed there's not a single picture of this girl in this house?"

"No, it's strange, there's pictures of all the other kids, but not her," Spencer replied.

"She might've just gotten here, meaning she jumps around foster homes a lot,"

"Usually kids in the foster system that get into trouble do that. If we're right about Natalie being a genius, she might jump around a lot because of how foster parents view her. Some might see her as weird or so annoying they can't deal with her," Reid suggested.

As Derek was about to answer, Marissa came downstairs with Natalie, "If you'd like one of you could go upstairs with Natalie," she said.

Reid nodded, "I'll go,"

As Natalie showed Reid upstairs, he turned to the group of kids on the couch who were staring and whispering things to each other. They looked like they expected something like this to happen to Natalie.

"I knew there was something weird about you, Mr. Gray," Natalie said as she opened the door to her room.

"Call me Spencer, and I'm not really a teacher," Spencer said, he sat down at the chair next to her bed. Her room was small, which surprised Reid due to the large size of the house. There was a bookshelf as a nightstand and a small desk on the other side of the room.

"I kinda figured that," Natalie said, sitting down on her bed, "Teachers don't usually make house calls," she laughed.

Spencer smiled, he then pulled the scantron Natalie took her three exams on, out of his jacket pocket. "I'll just start by being open with you, I'm a genius. I graduated high school when I was twelve years old and now I work for the FBI," Reid said.

"The BAU right?" Natalie asked, almost fascinated.

Spencer nodded, "You obviously know why we're at your school-"

"Doctor Spencer Reid! That's your full name!" Natalie exclaimed, interrupting Reid. "Oh shoot, I'm sorry, I do that a lot,"

"It's okay," Reid laughed. "Anyway, we had you and the other students take tests. You did okay on all of them, but judging that you bubbled in the exact same answers for all of them, that was just luck," Spencer paused to hand her the scantrons, "Can you tell me about these?" he asked.

Natalie let out an awkward laugh and stared intently at the results for a minute. Never had anyone figured out what she did to hide her intelligence. It was a system that had always worked for her and now some FBI agent was ruining it. "I guess I just happened to think the answers were the same," Natalie lied.

"I'm curious about something Natalie," Spencer remarked. He stood up and walked around her room a little bit. When he arrived at a picture of Natalie and her parents, he crossed his arms. "Why do you hide your intelligence?" He asked.

"What are you talking about?" Natalie skittishly laughed.

"You're a genius Natalie, and it's obvious,"

Natalie sighed, "So what?"

"How much do you know about the case we're working on?" Spencer asked.

Natalie thought for a moment, three teachers and a student murdered. They all had the letter 'B' written in them afterwards. Natalie tried to dig deeper into the case until she realized, "Do you think I did this!?"

"There's a lot of circumstantial evidence that leads us to that conclusion," Spencer replied.

"That's ridiculous!" Natalie exclaimed, "The killer carved B's into their forehead, it's probably someone who's angry over that! If I purposely blow tests, I clearly don't care what my grades are!"

"Nice profiling, can I ask you one more thing?" Spencer sat next to her on the bed, "Do those kids downstairs bully you?" He asked.

"Sometimes, yeah. Marissa and Drew don't do anything about it either, I've been here for a year and it's like I'm invisible," Natalie sighed.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Reid frowned.

"I just miss my parents a lot,"