Chapter 1

*Lori's POV*

The trip was rough. I had to sit between a snoring businessman and a woman who talked too loud. As if that wasn't enough, I was sitting in front of a hyper active child who liked to kick seats... a lot... But it was all worth it to see the beautiful trees and mountains. Canada was truly an amazing country, and I had always wondered if I could ever see it in person. I remember asking my Dad constantly for the chance to leave. He would always laugh and tell me to wait.

I smiled and leaned back in my seat, waiting for the plane to land. With a few bumps, the plane came to a complete stop.

"All passengers can exit the plane now, and thank you for choosing Canadian Airlines." A voice sounded from the speakers.

I grinned, barely able to hold in my excitement. I paitiently waited for more people to leave, standing up and getting my carry-on bags ready. I followed the line of people exiting the plane and stepped out.

Cold.

It was so freaking cold. I should've packed a heavier jacket... There was a small layer of snow on the ground and the air had a sharp chill to it. I looked around and saw a man wearing a heavy coat, holding up a sign with my name on it. I held my bags closely and walked up to him.

"Lori Treller?" He asked with a low voice. I nodded and smiled.

"Yep! That's me!"

He looked over my bags.

"That all you brought? Just two small things?"

I shrugged and nodded.

"They were carry-on... So..."

He chuckled and nodded.

"Alright, well anyway, I'm a friend of your father's. I was the one who got him hooked up with this place. I'm Waldo Johnson, but everyone here calls me Wally."

Found him I thought.

We made our way to his nice warm car.

"So did your father explain what all you were going to do?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Not really... He just told me to pack my bags because I was finally getting to go to Canada..." I said quietly, staring out the car window. He took a left and the road got slightly bumpy.

"Well allow me to explain... Basically..." He stopped the car. "Get out..."

"Wait, what?" I asked confused. We were stopped in the middle of the forest. The pine trees were immensely tall and everything had a layer of snow on it. He got out of the car and opened my door, dragging me out.

"Give me your phone..." He said menacingly. I nodded shakily and gave it to him. He grabbed it and threw it against a tree, smashing it to pieces. I was terrified. I was never in any of these situations before.

"P-Please... I-I'm sorry-"

"Quiet..." He cut me off.

He pulled out a gun. I went to run, but he grabbed my arm, pulling me back. The barrel was held to my head and I stood there, frozen. My eyes teared up, panicking. He couldn't do this. What did he want with me, anyway? Why was he doing this?

"P-Please..." I begged again. "W-What do you want?"

"One less heir to get your father's company." He said darkly. My father was a very successful businessman, located at the top of the charts where he works. I was supposed to inherit all the savings after he died, but I hadn't really been looking forward to my Dad's death in exchange for money. It just wasn't worth it.