Chapter 3

*Lori's POV*

The dining room was styled just like the rest of the cabin. Its walls were lined with the heads of deer and elk, and pictures of the family were scattered around, each one neatly framed and labeled. I smiled and thanked Matt for holding the door for me. We all made our way to the table and Matt showed me where to sit, along with shoving Allen into an empty seat. Both of the guys were fit, and slightly muscled.

Allen was slightly getting over his dazed expression and Matt sat down beside of him, shaking him a bit.

"I didn't know you were this fragile... Stop playing." He said, slightly grumpy.

Allen's body suddenly went weak and his upper half collapsed on the table. Matt jumped up, pulling him up and shaking him.

"Allen! Allen wake the fuck up!" He yelled, worried, but strict.

Allen's eyes flashed open and he grinned.

"Knew you cared, bro." He said simply with an evil look. Matt frowned and shoved his face back down to the table.

I snickered to myself and Allen grinned, looking at Matt.

"She thinks I'm funny, unlike you, you fucking Maple Jockey." He said in a smug tone.

"Call me Maple Jockey one more time, you egotistical vegan fuck..." He said threateningly.

"SOUP'S ON!" Oliver shouted, entering the room with a cart of covered plates. He sat each one infront of us and removed the top, revealing a beautiful breakfast meal, complete with Canadian bacon, pancakes, and chopped hashbrowns.

He grinned, handing out a cupcake to each of us. The guys frowned.

"Dude... You know we're not going to eat these." Allen stated, slightly disgusted. I looked at them with a raised eyebrow.

"I think they look pretty good..." I mumbled a bit. Oliver looked around, slightly ashamed.

"Ah, yes... You have a point, Allen... Silly me..." He said a bit sadly, going around and picking up the cupcakes. He was about to leave when he turned back to us.

"You all can start eating. I'll be right back!" He said before exiting the room.

There was an awkward silence in the room except for the sounds of our forks and knives against the plates. Everything was delicious.

I looked over at Allen's plate after I had eaten all of mine. I hadn't realized how hungry I actually was. His plate didn't have any bacon on it. Just pancakes and hashbrowns. I remembered all the insults from earlier.

"So... A vegan, huh?" I asked quietly, trying to make conversation. He looked up and grinned. I noticed he was missing a couple teeth in the front.

"That's right, babe. Unless I get offered some white meat." He winked. I raised an eyebrow.

"Allen! Where are your manners!" Yelled Oliver, just as he walking in. Allen rolled his eyes and continued eating. Oliver looked at my plate and he looked surprised.

"Oh! Hungry, I see! Well, I can go and fix more-"

"Oh no, it's fine! I'm full." I smiled. He smiled back and sat down. He u wrapped a cupcake and started eating it.

Allen gave him a disgusted look.

"Really? Can't you just wait to eat that? You even said we have a guest."

Matt punched him from under the table and he shut up. I was confused.

"Wait, what's so wrong with a cupcake?" I asked, looking at all three of them. Allen chuckled.

"Well i guess his cupcakes are fine... If you're not a vegan." He said, giving Oliver a mean look.

"Wait, what?" I asked even more confused.

Matt growled.

"Allen... Shut up."

"Well I don't see any harm in telling her. She's going to leave today anyway. Well... One way or another." He said darkly with a grin.

I shifted uncomfortably and stood up.

"I-i think I should leave..." I mumbled. "But thank you for everything."

"Oh what's wrong?? Don't wanna stay in a house of freaks?" Allen got up too. "Outcasts?? Murderers??"

I heard a loud thud.

Allen fell to the ground, out cold, and Matt was standing up, his fist still clenched.

"Dumbass..." He said quietly.

I was even more scared now than I was yesterday. I had to leave. What if they killed me?

Oliver held his hand out to me.

"Poppet, everything is-" he tried saying in a calming tone. I shook my head and backed away.

"P-please... Just let me leave... I won't tell anyone, I-I swear... P-please..." I began tearing up.

Oliver shook his head.

"Poppet, we were never going to kill you!" He said with a slightly saddened face. "You're so nice! A lovely guest! You came here injured and we helped! We would never had killed you..." This time he sounded slightly hurt.

It still scared me.

"C-could I use your phone... Please..."

Matt walked out of the room and returned with a phone. I nodded in thanks and shakily typed in the numbers.

Matt walked over to Allen and was in the process of picking him up when someone answered.

"Hello?"

"H-hey Dad, I'm-"

"Oh! Sweetie, how are you? I miss you! I just have a lot of work to do right now so I'm sorry, but I'll have to call back later. I love you!"

Click

I stared at the phone in disbelief. Moments like that would always happen when I called him, so I don't know why I was so shocked... I shakily handed the phone back to Oliver.

"Did you... Get ahold of him, Poppet?" He asked gently.

I shook my head no and sat down, starting to cry. Matt huffed and walked out of the room, carrying Allen over his shoulder.

"Gee..." He mumbled. "We're not looking so bad now, are we?"

The door slammed behind him.