Chapter 10

*Lori's POV*

I smiled, plugging the laptop into Allen's speakers. For what it was, it was a decent playlist. I smiled, standing up and looking around. Oliver had made so much food... Francois had brought a bottle of his best wine and Allen of course had a whole table dedicated to hard liquor. The lights were turned off to look like nobody was home.

We saw headlights in the driveway and we heard two car doors open and close. Oliver led Matt up to the front door and opened it, letting Matt walk in first. He looked around and flicked on the light.

We all jumped out from our hiding places and yelled "SURPRISE!". Well, Allen and I did anyway. Francois was just kind of sitting there.

Matt jumped a bit but you could tell he wasn't one to react to jump scares. He smiled and walked over, punching Allen in the shoulder with his good arm. He looked over at me afterwards.

"Gee, they got you in on it too?" He asked, smiling and obviously surprised.

I nodded. Oliver spoke up from the doorway.

"She planned most of it, Matthew. And my my, does she have a wonderful eye for party planning."

We all got to partying and fooling around after that. Oliver had somehow talked Francois into dancing with him on some of the songs, and it surprised everyone to know that Francois actually danced like a pro. Allen on the other hand, tried doing the "harlem shake" to every fucking song that played. Matt pretty much just sat back and smiled, watching the three dance.

About an hour passed, and Allen was shit faced. Francois and Oliver were a little bit more than tipsy from the wine. Matt and I just hung out in our selected corners, sometimes catching each others' gaze. Not going to lie, Matt was good looking... It's just, I wasn't all that good with my dating game. Plus, these guys are killers, and my only place to stay for now. It's best not to mess anything up. 

Although... He seemed to be getting more attractive every day...

Another hour passed and Allen had found the karyoke machine Oliver had tried hiding away. Matt and I sat quietly in our little corners, listening to him screech out the lyrics of "Proud to be an American". By that time, Oliver had been led downstairs by Francois, after nearly falling over from the wine.

Allen started playing a slow song.

"C-COME ON BRO -hiccup- GET YOURSELF SOME FUCKIN PUS-"

Before finishing his sentence, he fell off the little stool he was standing on for his preformances. Matt rolled his eyes at the passed out American. He stood up and walked over, looking down at me.

"Well?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, what?"

He sighed and scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, a slow song's playing and you're the only girl here... And i'm the only guy here that's sober enough to dance with you... So... I'm kinda hoping you'll make this less awkward by just-"

I cut him off by standing up and taking his hand, walking to the middle of the floor. We both had a slight blush on our faces. He blushed even more when he put his arms (well... Arm...) Around my waist, pulling me closer. I slid my arms around his neck and we both swayed to the slow song. He looked very uncomfortable while all this was going on.

"Matt, we don't have to slow dance. I know you aren't a social events type of guy..." I said quietly. He shook his head.

"No, it's... I don't know... I just figured you wanted to dance... I'm not all that great with girls. They're pretty hard to read." He said quietly, trying his best not to make eye contact.

I smiled a bit.

"What would you rather do then?" I asked, looking up at him. He was about to shrug, when an idea popped into his head. He grinned and walked over to the kitchen, opening a dectorative cookie jar on the top shelf. He pulled out a bag of something.

"Have you ever tried it?" He asked quietly. I shook my head.

"Well... Mom doesn't like it... So I keep it away when he's around."

He started rolling a joint and I was immediatly feeling uncomfortable.

"M-matt, I've never done drugs..." I stuttered. He smiled a bit.

"If you want, I'll put it up. You don't have to smoke. And if it makes you feel any better, I only do probably once every month. When you live with that dickhead, you need some relaxation every once in a while." He chuckled. I slowly nodded.

"So... It's ok if we don't?" I asked.

He nodded and put up the weed. He looked over at the clock and his eyebrows raised.

"Shit.. It's almost 1 a.m..." He mumbled.

"Oh... Yeah, I guess it's getting pretty late... I should probably be getting to bed." I said, a little disapointed. He looked over at me, walking a bit closer.

"Well I mean.. If you don't want to go to bed now, I have this place you might like..." He trailed off.

"I don't know, Matt... Oliver might not want you going too far with that busted shoulder of yours..."

He smiled a bit.

"I mean... I'll have my nurse with me, so that's something I guess." He laughed quietly, walking over and getting his coat, handing it to me. "Wanna go?"

I shrugged and nodded.

"Sure, I can go for a little field trip."

He smiled and walked out the door, holding it open for me. I followed, slipping on the jacket that he had given me. The snowing had stopped a few hours ago, and now there was a huge white blanket covering everything. It looked so beautiful...

He quietly opened the garage and I could see now that they had more than one car. There was Oliver's Jeep, what looked to be a busted up red convertable under a sheet, and a light blue pick up truck. It looked a bit vintage, like it would be somewhere in the 70's. He opened up the passenger side door for me and got in on the other side. He put the keys in and started it up, soon pulling out of the garage. I smiled, hearing the old engine run. He drove the truck through the snow like it was nothing and after about 15 minutes, we were in town.

The whole town looked like it was alseep, being as it was 1 a.m. Everything looked so elegant, not only from the snow, but from the street lights shining on it. He took a left turn and drove up a small hill, towards a rather large brick building. The parking lot was completely empty. We pulled in and he turned off the truck.

"Welcome to the Rec Center." He said, smiling and getting out of the truck.