Muse: K for Kantikay

Kantikay: to dance as an act of worship.

Words: 730

****

The first time Cecil danced the choreography for Starish's new song, he was beyond confused. What in the world were these moves? Where was the purpose, the meaning? How could this dance portray gratitude for the muses? Surely, it wouldn't satisfy.

He had to properly show his thanks to the goddesses of music otherwise the fate of the group was doomed.

As prince of Agnapolis, his responsibility was even greater. As representative of his personal muse, he concluded that he would dance for Haruka. Her music gave him life and it was only right that he show his love for her through the means of an Agnapolian worshipping ceremonial dance.

Amidst their dance practice, Cecil had broken away from formation, successfully drawing the attention of his members and their composer, Haruka. The music from the piano stopped as she stopped playing to look curiously at the prince-turned-idol.

His bronze skin sheen with sweat, Cecil walked over to where she was perched on the piano bench and gingerly took her hands in his and pulled her towards him to indicate for her to stand up. Under the wary gazes of the other Starish members, he pulled her to the center of the rehearsal room, in front of the mirror that served as a wall.

"Cecil-san?" Haruka asked faintly.

He smiled reassuringly and leaned her back against the railing that jutted out from the mirror.

Taking a step back, Cecil beamed at her as he faced the muse that had brought him all the way to Japan.

To everyone's shock, he bent down on one knee in what appeared to be a frightening semblance of a marriage proposal. Apparently, everyone else thought so too; Haruka immediately flushed and began stammering as the other members leapt towards Cecil in an attempt to pull him up and away from Haruka and slap some sense into him.

However, the prince merely jumped aside from the half dozen guys that were flying at him. He held a hand up as a way of conveying the command "stop", one of his only moments where he seemed like actual royalty. The silent firmness of the sign halted the members in mid-step. They narrowed their eyes, reluctantly settling on watching what he would do.

Haruka's eyes widened, the blush on her cheeks dissipating slowly as she came to a conclusion that she was not going to get hitched anytime soon.

Facing his composer once again, the bright glimmer in his electric green eyes shone in anticipation. This time, instead of kneeling, he took her hands in his and gazed adoringly into her wide eyes.

"Haruka," he began, his voice sweet with love, "As I've made very clear since I've met you, you know that you are the object of my affections. My muse, I'm not familiar with this country's way of worshipping, but in Agnapolis, we dance. Seeing as you are fitting of such, I shall dance for you."

Throughout his unexpected explanation, Haruka had been lost in his gaze, as his feelings resonated through her. No one has shown her such immense adoration, so much that it was an abyss she could drown in. It confounded her that he could show such affection for her like he'd known her for years when in reality, they'd met a year ago (but he insists they'd known each other for far longer when he was in his cursed cat form.) She shuddered slightly, to which Cecil cracked a grin.

Haruka was knocked out of her stupor when Syo spoke, "Wait, so you guys. . .dance? To what, pray?"

Cecil laughed goodheartedly, his hands still grasping Haruka's, "No, as a means of worshipping."

They all furrowed their eyebrows in confusion.

Cecil chuckled, "It means that Haruka is my muse. My goddess."

Starish widened their eyes, as some had their mouths agape. It was a confession. It was definitely a confession.

Haruka felt her face burn for the second time in several minutes, and she ducked her head to hide the timid smile that was creeping up on her. She clutched the hands that held her own tighter, receiving a squeeze in return. At that, she let out a small giggle.

She suppose it couldn't be too bad to let someone love her if it was Cecil. She did love his dancing.