Hidden Intention: F for Formal

Author's Note: GOING THROUGH HEAVY RENOVATION (valid for all my work).

F for Formal

Formal- done in accordance of the rules or very officially.

Words: 2217

****

"Haru-chan!" A voice called cheerfully from across the street, turning heads.

Haruka was seated at a small outdoor table in a cafe she adored, poring over her music sheets. She snapped her head up, searching for the source of the familiar voice. Amidst the crowd, she spotted a bright blonde mop of hair above the others, charging towards her. Haruka felt her heart pound and tried to figure out why he was running toward her out of nowhere.

As he got closer, she could see the glint of his glasses and his joyful green eyes. The pedestrians skidded out of his way as he slowed to a stop in front of her table. He was unnervingly close to her and she had absolutely no idea whatsoever what he wanted, which only made her heart flutter all the more furiously.

"Shinomiya-kun," she greeted politely, careful to hide her confusion and hopeful curiosity. "Do you need something?"

In turn, his grin only grew wider. Haruka blinked. What was she supposed to make of that?

"Shinomiya-kun?"

"Nope. Not telling. You have to come see for yourself."

Haruka fumbled. What was he talking about all of a sudden?

"Go where?"

"I'll show you. Come on!" Natsuki urged, but when she was still gaping up at him in a daze, he reached over, gripped her waist with both hands and swiftly lifted her out of her chair. Haruka shrieked, barely grabbing her sheets and purse on time. Natsuki lowered her down, but one arm remained around her waist as he took out his wallet, took one look at the bill on the table and slapped some bills on top. Before Haruka could utter a word of protest, he spoke up.

"I'm going to borrow you, okay?"

Haruka only sighed in response. She knew there'd be no point in fighting him now. She didn't have anywhere to be and he did come all the way here and pay for her lunch. So she looked up and smiled.

"Thanks for that," she nodded to the bill in front of them. He tapped her nose affectionately then tousled her hair. Haruka laughed, reaching up to swat him away and smooth down her hair. When she looked up, her heart skittered at the sight of him watching her with an endearing expression of a scrunched up nose and a lazy smile. Strands of golden hair fell into his eyes and she had to clench her hands to keep from overstepping her boundaries and tucking them back for him.

She ducked her head, fighting back the heat rising to her cheeks. His grip on her waist isn't helping either. He laughs, moving his hand back to thread his fingers through hers.

"You're so cute, Haru-chan."

She flushes red before she can talk herself out of her delusions. Natsuki calls everyone cute, it's nothing special. Natsuki is very open to physical contact; he's like that with so many people! She discreetly gets her breathing back under control, secretly willing her heart to slow down.

When her attention is back to her situation and away from her emotional turmoil, Natsuki squeezes her hand.

"We should leave now." He gestures to the growing crowd of people around them, taking pictures of them. There's a frightening amount of girls who shrieked when Natsuki looked over. They seemed to ignore Haruka, whose hand he was still holding, completely.