Too Much: G for Greed

A/N: RENOVATIONS

*****

G for Greed

Greed- intense and selfish desire for something.

The practice room was packed to the brim with idols. Starish was rehearsing their dances and Quartet Night were there as their senpais to evaluate their performances. The room wasn't vast or anything, but anything and everything that was in the way was stashed into the tiny storage room, save for the CD player and the grand piano, where Haruka was seated at. They'd been practicing for near four hours now, and they'd on several occasions tried to rid themselves of their shirts (Ren had instilled the idea into the other members' heads) but were stopped by their respective senpai, courtesy of Haruka.

But really, the members of Quartet Night knew that if anyone was of the male gender and had taken off their shirt in front of Haruka, Camus would have to slay them with his blessed Permafrost powers. Especially knowing that every guy Haruka had come in contact with in Saotome Academy had some sort of affectionate bond with her. And that, bothered Camus to an unexplainable extent.

Rehearsal finally ceased when Syo collapsed in exhaustion, "Lord I can't take it! I'm starved!" He grasped at his empty and grumbling stomach as effect, and looked desperately to Ai.

Ai stared emotionlessly at Syo, and said in his monotone voice, "You have precisely eleven minutes until practice session is over."

At this, Starish collectively groaned at the thought of running a dance they'd memorized and perfected over again for the sake of fulfilling their quota.

Cecil pleaded, "Please~ Aren't you being a tad too heartless?"

Camus spoke up instead in a scalding tone, "Do you want to become professionals or not?!"

Cecil vigorously nodded his head, along with the rest of Starish.

"I meant, don't you feel bad for Haruka-chan, whose been sitting at that piano for four hours, playing song after song after song on your will?" Seeing everyone glance worryingly at Haruka, he continued, "Her hands must be aching in agonizing pain by now..."

Cecil knew it was working, Reiji looked like he wanted to assuage the composer's pain, but he didn't wish to invoke Camus' fury, Ranmaru couldn't care less, and even Ai was relenting by now.

Haruka, on the other hand, looked bewildered out of her mind. She admit it was tiring to play continuously, but she'd written these songs, and there was nothing wrong with wanting to perfect a piece. But Starish was piercing her with their hopeful gazes, and the Quartet Night just seemed to be waiting for her decision - they could work Starish to the bone, but not Haruka.

She wanted to tell them all that she was fine, but her hands were honestly, a bit sore. "Umm, I think a break would be nice. We could have lunch together, ne?" She offered.

Whooping cheers and sighs of relief sounded throughout the room. Cecil leaped to Haruka and lifted her off her piano bench bridal-style. Her squeal paused the celebration going on in the room, and everyone turned to gawk at Cecil's bold move, one that only one so oblivious as Cecil could accomplish. He was blissfully unaware that he had lit a fuse.

If one strained, they could hear Syo and Reiji's simultaneous "Oh shit."

A handful of dark brown hair was gripped, and the head attached to that hair was yanked back. Cecil, the victim to such manhandling yelped.

Camus swiped Haruka from Cecil's arms as the poor boy ran to be comforted by Otoya, who was shaking his head his sympathy. The others were chuckling under their breath as they watched Camus drag Haruka out of the door, no doubt leading her to the bench behind the school, the place that had become known as exclusively Camus'.

*******

"Ano...Camus-san?" Haruka inquired meekly.

They were seated on the bench, and Camus definitely looked like he wanted to say something, but he kept quiet, and the silence was stifling Haruka.

"Are you upset with me?"

Camus immediately denied this inquiry, looking incredibly frustrated with himself.

"No, it's not - it's that insolent child, he - the audacity to even - I apologize, I didn't mean to worry or concern you with my actions."

Haruka knew he was losing his internal battle; he was switching to formal language far too suddenly, and she didn't like the fact that he was restraining himself.

She attempted to lighten the mood, and scooted closer to Camus, drawing his attention. "Are you jealous?"

She had tried to say this in a naive tone, but the knowing, mischievous glint in her expression gave her away. Camus raised an immaculate eyebrow at her.

"Are you implying that I am jealous of that vile child, and his disgustingly intimate ways with you?"

Haruka smiled innocently, "No of course not, I'd just asked if you were jealous. Though I can't say that Cecil's intimacy is so disgusting. Embarrasing at times, yes, but not quite as vulgar as you make him to be."

Camus furrowed his eyebrows slightly at this, obviously not liking Haruka's praise of others.

"I see."

Haruka laughed under her breath; for someone so sophisticated and royal, he was surprisingly immature. She was spoiling him, in this sense, rather than the other way around. She closed the small distance between herself and Camus by pushing herself against his side on the bench and wrapping her arms around his side endearingly.

She didn't say anything as she embraced him, only peering up at him until he turned his gaze down to her.

Letting out a sigh, Camus asked, "Do you do this with the others as well?"

Looking slightly offended, Haruka pulled her arms away from her boyfriend. She shifted her eyes away in hurt and said indignantly, "Of course not." She glanced back up at Camus, who looked apologetic, and added, "You know that, don't you?"

Camus quickly moved in and enveloped her in a hug of his own, a rare and bold move on his part. Haruka quickly returned the affection and wrapped her arms around him once again. She sighed in satisfaction, and snuggled into the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry, it was immature of me."

Haruka hummed in agreement. She slid her head down to rest on his chest, and mumbled, "I love you anyways."

Camus smiled, knowing she was reassuring him that his worries were unfounded, and replied just as lovingly, "I love you too."