Snow White: Q for Quarender

A/N: I built his character around his manga portrayal for the sole purpose that it's slightly more intense and dark than the anime lets on. There are only 7 chapters, I believe, and he only makes a solid appearance in the last chapter.

Warning: Rated (kinda) M because there are brief mentions of sex.

Words: 494

quarender: dark red apple

*******

He was the apple.

Haruka was the maiden.

They were doomed to a tragic ending. Because he wasn't the prince, and her dwarves were certainly no help.

When he decided to make the move on Haruka, he'd broken the brotherly oath the seven of them had sworn to. But he was never one to stick to the rules. Maybe that's why she was so fascinated by him.

He really didn't come off as such a killer. His silent fatality was so thickly veiled by his outer shell. The gentle disposition, the bright smile, those twinkling eyes, the fluffy hair, and the aura of warmth he emanated. Princely.

He supposed she was aware he was hiding something. Haruka was always quick to notice things, just not sharp enough to call it out. Or perhaps she was smart not to call him out on his oddities. He couldn't quite guarantee his shadow wouldn't do anything to her.

He admit, their relationship did appear to be something to be jealous of. They were both lookers, and their personalities were similar to each other, even to the point of compatibility. The innocent, cute, and eccentric halo they emitted as a couple was all pure and good.

But all was not as it seems.

After all these years, Haruka finally got the nerve to do it. He was always ready to pounce. His shadow was a patient predator, although he didn't quite care anymore.

Haruka smiled up at him, shy and embarrassed. Her cheeks were glowing a rosy hue, flushed against her snow white skin. She ducked her head and pulled him upstairs by the finger. He smiled adoringly at her, excited and jittery and warm all over. Just for her.

They were in her room. The dwar – er – guys were out on a hiking trip for the week. They were alone.

He could feel the anticipation bubble within him. She led him to her bed and they stood in front of each other, gazing intensely at each other, drinking in the desire.

Haruka reached up agonizingly slow, her fingers getting closer to his glasses. And she took them off swiftly, folding them neatly on her bedside table.

Then, it all happened so fast.

His shadow overtook him. In a flurry, they were undressed, and she was writhing beneath him – hot, tight, and unforgiving. He was rough and fast, and it wasn't long for her to find her cursed release, panting and wondering, "How did this happen?"

It was him that devoured her in one bite. But she was the one that took in his poison.

So who was the apple?

He was. He was the gleaming red apple of everyone's fairytale, perfect and pristine. He was the one with the secrets, laced with toxins, inbred with poison and the promise of death. His shadow was his creator.

Natsuki was the apple.

Satsuki was the witch.

Haruka was loved. She loved.

Haruka is gone.