A is for Anniversary

A is for anniversary
---(Gilbert's P.O.V)-----

It was today.. Our anniversary.

How long ago was it that I fell in love with the maple-syrup-loving-Canadian? It was a while now, however me being me I only had the awesome balls to ask him out a year ago. So here we were, at a restaurant, he was cutely at a restaurant talking and gossiping about the different nations. When it suddenly came up about my own dilemma.

Ah yes.. The awesome me was no longer a nation.

I tried to argue with him that I would live for a while still, me being a human now and what not, but something worried me. I had already been forgotten by my previous friends, aka Francis and Antonio, and now even my own brother had forgotten me. I wondered how long it would take for Mattie to forget about me? Also how long would it take for me to die?

I wished that he never would forget me.

Now that I think about it, it seems inevitable that he will one day forget about the awesome me. Like most of the other countries had. It hurt me inside. However, I kept a grin on my face and still joked around with Mattie.

The Canadian man just smiled gently at me. He made me feel wanted, despite his own attempts to feel wanted also. He was ignored by the other nations, just like I was now.

We were in the same boat here

The two of us, both forgotten by the others. We were obviously tied by some string of fate. It was none the less however. I pulled out a small notepad and began to write something down, using him as my muse. He looked at me confused but I just smiled up at him, parting my lips and telling him my words.

"I love you Mattie. Happy anniversary."